No-one can hear me through mic?

Venom

Active Member
Joined
May 23, 2010
Messages
378
Hi tech people!

No-one can hear my mic. When I try to adjust my mic volume through Options>Voice, it gives me this error in console:

exec: couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

Not even sure whether this is the problem that no-one can here me, but it's the most probable fix.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
 
check to make sure that your config files are really .cfg files (not .cfg.txt) and that they aren't read-only.
 
I'm assuming this is for CS and not anything else such as Ventrilo/etc?
 
Venon, thats gonna have to be a steam question. I honestly have no idea.

The only suggestion I can come up with is,
make sure that your cfg file is not write protected.

Also double click on your speaker in the right hand side of your windows screen and double check that its on and that mic boost is enabled and its turned up.
Then go into steam itself and do the same.
Then finally go into CS and see if you still can not be heard.
It may be possible to adjust your sound/mic leve in your autoexec.cfg file or even in console, but I do not know the command off hand.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top