Need to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to agree with Mr. Game here.

You could probably save $100 bucks building this yourself.
For the money, these are actually some decent rigs and much better than anything you'll get from a mainstream manufacturer.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/Thermaltake/Level10GTFTW/

the other sponser site has almost the exact same price
http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/xlc-series.aspx#p=p2

btw I just build a Phenon X6 based gaming machine about 8 months ago, it cost me about $200 more than these prices listed here.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Mr.Game, I think it would be a disaster building my own as I do not know alot about this stuff.. lol I'll take a look at our sponsor sites ;)

It's not hard. I have a guide. Click on it in my sig! :D
 
It really isn't but I do recommend that most people do it the first time with someone who has done it at least once before, as it is a bit overwhelming for first timers. Chances are, you know someone that has done it before. Ask em to come help ya, nothing like saying I built my own pc!

btw- my 12 yr old son built his pc a month ago. I stood there and walked him through it, but he did it.
 
It really isn't but I do recommend that most people do it the first time with someone who has done it at least once before, as it is a bit overwhelming for first timers. Chances are, you know someone that has done it before. Ask em to come help ya, nothing like saying I built my own pc!

btw- my 12 yr old son built his pc a month ago. I stood there and walked him through it, but he did it.

How m any kids do you have? lol
 
Alright so this is what I'm thinking of going with. what you think? should the vid card be good for a while?


Configuration

CPU: AMD Phenom?II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support DDR3 Ultra Durable?3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN, Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+112] (HIS ICQ Turbo 920Mhz Turbo Powered by AMD [+5])
PSU: 800w
 
then it's good I'm talking to you ;)

its basically a customized rig on cyberpower.. Just buying the parts and building it myself would be alot cheaper then...
 
then it's good I'm talking to you ;)

its basically a customized rig on cyberpower.. Just buying the parts and building it myself would be alot cheaper then...


Kriss,
I agree,
BUT.
It really depends on factors like your case and your PSU.
and the softeware. That came with win7 and office.
Heres a comparable system at less than $900 with win7
Lets try that again..
still not working argh.. plan b.


o Game Rig

Wish List:
Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price
1 AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
Item #: N82E16819103851
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy $179.99
1 HIS H687F1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Item #: N82E16814161349
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy -$15.00 Instant
$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
$219.99
$204.99
1 CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
Item #: N82E16820145345
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy -$5.00 Instant
$105.99
$100.99
1 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152185
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$5.00 Instant
$69.99
$64.99
1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders
Item #: N82E16832116754
Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy $99.99
1 CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
Item #: N82E16817139005
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$30.00 Instant
$15.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
$119.99
$89.99
1 NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E16811146061
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$10.00 Instant
$49.99
$39.99
1 GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813128443
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $104.99





If you have any questions, please use our LiveChat function or visit our Contact Us Page.

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team
 
Last edited:
Sub total was $885

So, basically for the cost of having them build it.

You could upgrade your case, your PSU and your motherboard and get a 2nd video card and run it in cross fire.

But that will run pretty much everything you can throw it as listed.


Phobus wrote a nice guide on building a pc. Follow that, and you'll be fine.

Actually I took a 2nd look at that mobo and realized it has 2 pcie slots and its ready for a 2nd video card already (I used this board for my nephews xfire build a few months ago) We like it.

Add a 850 watt PSU and a second card and you will have a killer rig.
 
Last edited:
then it's good I'm talking to you ;)

its basically a customized rig on cyberpower.. Just buying the parts and building it myself would be alot cheaper then...

You'd save ~$500, give or take, on that build. Honestly if you're willing to spend the $1300 that CyberPower was asking for that rig (which isn't really what I'd even consider high-end gaming, IMHO), you could hop on NewEgg and get $1300 in parts, build it yourself and have a godlike setup. The sweet spot for building a beast rig nowadays is right up in that range if you ask me.

The other problem with that rig is that the PSU and HDD were awful, especially if they won't even list the brand. When I opened up my old CyberPower rig, I discovered that the brands attached to my 'nameless' power supply and HDD were awful off-brands that no one ever uses (for good reason)

EDIT: That is to say, the CyberPower rig, not crackdaddy's!
 
yeah I understand what you're saying guys. I was about to drop 1300$ needlessly. I'm going to take all your advice and build a rig. I think I would love the sense of accomplishment once I've finished and this way I'll gain much more knowledge. Thank you so much for your input guys, special thanks to crackdaddy for all the info and a good build to work from. I'll be following Phobus's guide for builds and we'll see what happens lol. I'm going to go with the build you posted but I will upgrade the case, PSU and mobo. Will get a second card aswel. I mean I was going to drop the cash anyways. Hopefully this will set me up for a long while without having to make drastic changes.. thank everyone once again! I will keep you guys updated with my progress and end result ;)
 
yeah not rushing out tonight to get anything or place orders ;) by all means it is going to be gradual. Keep postin them thoughts hehe
 
Agreed with Phobus -- wait a bit more and see what options people suggest for which price range, yeah?

Here's the equivalent build you could get off NewEgg for $1300+S&H. I'm 90% sure that the RAM and CPU are awesome, but you could 'downgrade' the CPU to a 1055T and alter the RAM if you so choose.

I put in an SSD for the boot drive, but you could save so much more money if accessories like that aren't a big deal to you and just use the SpinPoint for your boot drive and grab... say, maybe another SpinPoint F3 1TB, or a 2TB SeaGate Barracuda or WD Caviar Black (your mobo will happily accept a 7200 RPM HDD @ 6.0GB/s SATA-III with a 64MB cache, which is just about as awesome as mechanical HDDs get, IMO) for a data drive. Honestly that case will fit up to three drives so you could go RAID-0 with matching 1TBs and throw in a third drive for ridiculous levels of space. Heck, you could up them to a couple-ish 2TB drives but I honestly don't know many people that utilize more than a TB, even. lol

There are other options too... Again: Remove the SSD and you could kick up the PSU to a SeaSonic X-850 and dual 6870s, for example. Heck, if you just wanna spend less money over all, Crackdaddy had a wicked-cool build to look at. Combine your budget, Phobus' build guide and the eGO tech-heads' knowledge FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!

Image Hotlink!

eGO_pc-for-krisis.jpg
 
Last edited:
I've done a build with that case (the one in the build guide, actually) and it is a little cramped inside. Still a nice case, but it's something to be aware of.

For CFX 6870s, you can do it off that PSU (X650), but I'd recommend a X750. I know it may seem like I'm a fanboy of those power supplies, which I will not doubt because they're absolutely amazing, but I can make some other recommendations if you can't justify spending that much on a PSU.

Personally, in that budget range, I'd go with a Sandy Bridge based build. I'll do something up here pretty quick.
 
Let us know what you come up with! If he tosses out that SSD he could probably get a P67/2600K combo, X-750, and ... well do you think he could SLI 570s for that price? Maybe SLI 560s instead... hmm...
 
Here's what I got. It's a very well rounded build, and very similar to what I'm getting pretty soon here. I can make it cheaper if you're wanting to cheaper, or even more expensive, if you want more power.
iknLVm.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top