- Joined
- Apr 6, 2011
- Messages
- 177
I thought I just read today at newegg something about a bug in the sandy bridge. Something to do with some of the SATA ports not working correctly?
Yea, you can definately go higher and spend more with an intel based system.
I personally like the Nzxt line of cases, I've used them twice and and it reminds
me of an antec 900 case, but at half the price. That gamma case, I listed was
$40 with free shipping and worth twice that. Its basically a M59 without the side window. Lian Li makes fine cases, for that price they should be. Maybe I'm weird, but to me a case is just a box that holds the important stuff. As long as it doesn't get too hot or bend too easy, holds the stuff I have, and its not ugly, it works.
SSD is nice, and seems to be the "in" thing right now, but frankly give me a
choice between SSD and a 2nd video card on a gaming rig, I'm taking the 2nd
card everytime.
You can always throw a SSD on there later when the prices have come down
quite a bit or you catch one on sale, I definitely would not go spend $300 on
one right now considering they will be more than half that 6 months from now.
Let me say this, I am a reluctant AMD fanboy. When I can get 97% of the
horsepower of an Intel at 65-70% of the cost. Just kinda makes sense to me.
I realize some people view AMD as inferior because they are cheaper or
because it won't do a specific benchmark as fast an intel, but when it comes to
real world performance, they more than hold their own. I've had lot of intel
systems, built lots, sold lots, but lately for some reason when I build my own, I
always go Amd.
We've been giving a lot of advice based off of what you were looking at
previously, but let me ask, what other activities will you be using your pc for?
Or is it just primarily for gaming? If it is, either one of these systems would do
fine. But I would focus on great video cards, lots of memory and maybe even a
dual or even triple screens. Regardless of what platform you decide to go
with.
Ask a hundred people, you'll get a hundred different replies. I would go online
and do my own research, read the reviews, think about what else you could
spend that $100 on. Lets face it, you can always get a killer 3d gaming
headset, or a nice laser mouse or a killer sound card or even water cooling.
Ultimately, your the one paying for it and buying it. I say, go slow, take your
time, do some research and make an informed decision, whichever way you
go. Read the reviews at Newegg and let that be your guide.
BTW and don't get too upset when you see the item you just bought, on sale the following week, I can almost guarantee you that is going to happen.
Sorry, didn't mean for this to be so long.
Yea, you can definately go higher and spend more with an intel based system.
I personally like the Nzxt line of cases, I've used them twice and and it reminds
me of an antec 900 case, but at half the price. That gamma case, I listed was
$40 with free shipping and worth twice that. Its basically a M59 without the side window. Lian Li makes fine cases, for that price they should be. Maybe I'm weird, but to me a case is just a box that holds the important stuff. As long as it doesn't get too hot or bend too easy, holds the stuff I have, and its not ugly, it works.
SSD is nice, and seems to be the "in" thing right now, but frankly give me a
choice between SSD and a 2nd video card on a gaming rig, I'm taking the 2nd
card everytime.
You can always throw a SSD on there later when the prices have come down
quite a bit or you catch one on sale, I definitely would not go spend $300 on
one right now considering they will be more than half that 6 months from now.
Let me say this, I am a reluctant AMD fanboy. When I can get 97% of the
horsepower of an Intel at 65-70% of the cost. Just kinda makes sense to me.
I realize some people view AMD as inferior because they are cheaper or
because it won't do a specific benchmark as fast an intel, but when it comes to
real world performance, they more than hold their own. I've had lot of intel
systems, built lots, sold lots, but lately for some reason when I build my own, I
always go Amd.
We've been giving a lot of advice based off of what you were looking at
previously, but let me ask, what other activities will you be using your pc for?
Or is it just primarily for gaming? If it is, either one of these systems would do
fine. But I would focus on great video cards, lots of memory and maybe even a
dual or even triple screens. Regardless of what platform you decide to go
with.
Ask a hundred people, you'll get a hundred different replies. I would go online
and do my own research, read the reviews, think about what else you could
spend that $100 on. Lets face it, you can always get a killer 3d gaming
headset, or a nice laser mouse or a killer sound card or even water cooling.
Ultimately, your the one paying for it and buying it. I say, go slow, take your
time, do some research and make an informed decision, whichever way you
go. Read the reviews at Newegg and let that be your guide.
BTW and don't get too upset when you see the item you just bought, on sale the following week, I can almost guarantee you that is going to happen.
Sorry, didn't mean for this to be so long.
Last edited:









!!





!