First new build in like, 4 years, haha.

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
Hey you sexy gentlemen/gentleladies.

I built this PC like, 4 years ago and it's a bit outdated..*cough cough*...

Anyways.
I wanted to build a new PC with gaming-like specs..
I don't really have any ideas in mind as I don't keep up with todays gaming hardware due to band, college, work, etc..

So I was wondering if someone would help me in building a new gaming PC from scratch? My budget is between 1k-4k.

Thanks a lot! :thumbup1:
 
Whee! A large budget build!

I'll do you a build when I got home from school, at 6pm. In around 7 hours. :/
College sucks, bro.
 
Thanks Phobus! Sorry, I never utilize the o in your name because I'm lazy, haha.

p.s. yeah, no kidding, tell me about it..haha..i got like, 4 exams due by Friday and I work Wed, Thurs, and Fri..I wonder how this is gonna work, lol.
 
Alright, I have some free time right now. I'm on Newegg right now. I think the final cost will be ~$1500. Is that good/okay?

I'll edit it into this post if you haven't replied by the time I'm done.

e. So I went a little over what I said I was going to, but it's still within your budget.
31951-413201113330am.png


Sexy motherboard, sexy graphics cards, sexy power supply, sexy case, sexy SSD, and you can set up a RAID 1 set up with the 1TB drives for safe storage. :wheee:

If you want me to change anything, or need more or less of something, or have a specific request, let me know and I'll change it!
 
Last edited:
Do I need any additional fans? Eventually, I wanna add more hard drives as I progress. I am definitely going to set up RAID 1 or beyond. The SSD was a great idea. That tower supports how many hard drives? If you know, that is. Does it support at least 4?

This is really cheap..See why I don't do my own builds? I tried to do one and it totaled to something like, 5 and a half thousand on some other website..Tiger Direct or something like that?

All in all, if it passes through you as a gaming rig, I'll definitely buy it and put together!

Thank you very much Phobus!

edit:
also, i never bought PC parts online. i normally go to a PC shop to buy my stuff..so i got kind of a dumb question..if i do indeed buy this and let's say the video card got damaged..do i gotta buy a whole new video or how does that stuff work?
 
Last edited:
Man that's a nice build compared to what I'm sporting. I be jelly... if you buy it, of course.
 
If it happens in transit, contact newegg.
If it happens down the road and the warranty is still in effect, contact the company such as MSI
 
If it happens in transit, contact newegg.
If it happens down the road and the warranty is still in effect, contact the company such as MSI

I contact the company even if it's been 1 week.

It's called an RMA, which is why you should register your parts as soon as you get them, with the serial numbers. If your video card does die say a year from now, you open an RMA request on their site, and they send you the address and confirmation to send it. You send it by itself (no accessories or the original box if you lost it) and they send you the same card or a newer one with relatively similar performance if they don't have them in stock anymore. The major brands offer great warranties and all you have to do is register them. It's possible to even register it after it breaks, but that just delays the process.
 
i never bought PC parts online. i normally go to a PC shop to buy my stuff

That probably explains at least partly why it cost so much.

Newegg is the best when it comes to taking care of their customers. I'll gladly pay a lil extra there for something there as I know if I have a problem they handle it promptly. (usually they are right around the cheapest) Key thing is, don't throw away any of the packaging or cut off any of the barcodes for rebates until you know everything is working well.

BTW their return policy is usually 30 days on most things.
 
Do I need any additional fans? Eventually, I wanna add more hard drives as I progress. I am definitely going to set up RAID 1 or beyond. The SSD was a great idea. That tower supports how many hard drives? If you know, that is. Does it support at least 4?

This is really cheap..See why I don't do my own builds? I tried to do one and it totaled to something like, 5 and a half thousand on some other website..Tiger Direct or something like that?

All in all, if it passes through you as a gaming rig, I'll definitely buy it and put together!

Thank you very much Phobus!

edit:
also, i never bought PC parts online. i normally go to a PC shop to buy my stuff..so i got kind of a dumb question..if i do indeed buy this and let's say the video card got damaged..do i gotta buy a whole new video or how does that stuff work?

Additional fans? Not really. It wouldn't hurt to get an aftermarket CPU cooler, but that's only if you want a more silent PC, or if you're going to overclock.

The case has support for 6 3.5" drives.

Oh this is a BOSS gaming rig. SLI 570s and a 2500k? This thing can run Crysis (1, ofc) at max no problem, probably even up to 2560x1600. Definitely at 1920x1080. This is definitely one of the best price to performance gaming rigs, even though it is so expensive. I went with some luxury items, such as the gold rated 850W power supply, and 120GB Sata III SSD.

Like someone else has said, it depends on when it gets damaged. If it gets damaged during shipping, you contact newegg, and they will replace it for free. If it gets damaged (not from you, of course) within 30 days of purchase, call Newegg, and they'll probably get it replaced for free. After those 30 days, you'd have to contact the manufacturer, such as MSI.
 
Additional fans? Not really. It wouldn't hurt to get an aftermarket CPU cooler, but that's only if you want a more silent PC, or if you're going to overclock.

The case has support for 6 3.5" drives.

Oh this is a BOSS gaming rig. SLI 570s and a 2500k? This thing can run Crysis (1, ofc) at max no problem, probably even up to 2560x1600. Definitely at 1920x1080. This is definitely one of the best price to performance gaming rigs, even though it is so expensive. I went with some luxury items, such as the gold rated 850W power supply, and 120GB Sata III SSD.

Like someone else has said, it depends on when it gets damaged. If it gets damaged during shipping, you contact newegg, and they will replace it for free. If it gets damaged (not from you, of course) within 30 days of purchase, call Newegg, and they'll probably get it replaced for free. After those 30 days, you'd have to contact the manufacturer, such as MSI.

1. That build is supersex/10

2. At 1600p, i think you would start to run out of vram on crysis 1 :p

3.MSI is really good with RMA's, never had a problem with them. Damaged parts is rare. The packaging is designed to withstand shipping from china, so a trip to your house from newegg's warehouse is not that much.
 
1. I would be so happy if I randomly got that. lol.
2. That's a possibility. But if don't run out of VRAM, then you're golden. lol.
3. I haven't had to deal with any RMAs that were out of Newegg's reach. :knockonwood:

4. GET ON SKYPE!!
 
I would definitely go 6970 over the 570s. I would also get a 2600k over the 2500k to make the build last a little longer since you plan on keeping it for awhile I assume. And I would get 8gb 1600 ram over 1333.
 
Additional fans? Not really. It wouldn't hurt to get an aftermarket CPU cooler, but that's only if you want a more silent PC, or if you're going to overclock.

The case has support for 6 3.5" drives.

Oh this is a BOSS gaming rig. SLI 570s and a 2500k? This thing can run Crysis (1, ofc) at max no problem, probably even up to 2560x1600. Definitely at 1920x1080. This is definitely one of the best price to performance gaming rigs, even though it is so expensive. I went with some luxury items, such as the gold rated 850W power supply, and 120GB Sata III SSD.

Like someone else has said, it depends on when it gets damaged. If it gets damaged during shipping, you contact newegg, and they will replace it for free. If it gets damaged (not from you, of course) within 30 days of purchase, call Newegg, and they'll probably get it replaced for free. After those 30 days, you'd have to contact the manufacturer, such as MSI.

I went ahead and bought it. :]
Thanks! :thumbup1:
 
Back
Top