Need helping clearing out hard drive

Manason

EGO Zealot
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
1,582
So my hard drive is almost full, I got 1 gb left and I'm asking help as to what usually is taking up a lot of space and how do I go about clearing it up?
 
Try windows own disk cleanup is free and can quickly get rid of some basic stuff. Try uninstalling any programs you no longer need. Offload any large picture, music or video directories that don't need 24/7 access to an external drive. You can also try using ccleaner (its free for personal use).
 
[ame="http://download.cnet.com/Glary-Utilities/3000-2094_4-10508531.html?part=dl-6280556&subj=dl&tag=button"]Welcome Glary Utilities users[/ame]

Glary Utilities has a decent one click clean up thing that will delete old cache files and other misc files buried on your PC

After that if you still need room,
I'd go to start and then search and type in
*.avi

and start deleting some of my bigger AVI files. If you have a full size movie, it could easily be 1.2 gigs for one movie, Hard drive space is ridiculously cheap right now, even a USB flash drive can be gotten for $12 for 8 gb. For a 500+ gig external, about $50. I think I saw a samsung F3 1 tb drive for like $54 last week.
 
Back
Top