Fraps issue in eGO server.

Painbow

Rookie
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
77
I'm attempting to record videos for an eGO compilation I've been working on in premier, but every time I close fraps in-game, I am booted from the server for either "An illegal program/file" or "Corrupted something or other"
Any ideas?
I've tried running it in compatibility mode for windows xp, and as administrator. It's annoying as crap.
I'm on win 7 64 bit, fraps is set to record at 70 fps. Maybe it's erroring when fraps writes the file? :-\
Assistance would be appreciated ^_^
:note:
This is only happening in eGO's COD4 servers.
 
I'm attempting to record videos for an eGO compilation I've been working on in premier, but every time I close fraps in-game, I am booted from the server for either "An illegal program/file" or "Corrupted something or other"
Any ideas?
I've tried running it in compatibility mode for windows xp, and as administrator. It's annoying as crap.
I'm on win 7 64 bit, fraps is set to record at 70 fps. Maybe it's erroring when fraps writes the file? :-
Assistance would be appreciated ^_^
:note:
This is only happening in eGO's COD4 servers.

The best method for CoD4 recording is the demo feature...

In console, type the following to start recording a demo:
  • "/record"
And once you're done, type:
  • "/stoprecord"
You can also name the file by typing it like this:
  • "/record NAME_OF_DEMO.dm_1"
(NOTE: Don't use the quotations, also, .dm_1 is not always
needed for some people)


After you've recorded your gameplay, you can open it using the
CoD4Player, link here.

(NOTE: For Windows Vista/7, it's best to run the program as administrator.)

The file location varies, but it is usually in either your profile folder,
"main" folder, or virtual disk (each CoD4 related).


Just let me know if you need more details as I typed this up pretty fast.
 
Last edited:
I had no clue that COD had a built in demo feature...
Now, can these video files be exported as .avi or whatnot for use in an editing program?
Or are they bound to the viewer?
Thanks for the quick response :)
 
I had no clue that COD had a built in demo feature...
Now, can these video files be exported as .avi or whatnot for use in an editing program?
Or are they bound to the viewer?
Thanks for the quick response :)

The CoD4Player simply makes it easier to view the demos.

Demos can be opened by CoD4 itself, but what the Player does is
it opens the demo in CoD4 and giving it extra binds and control.

You can still use Fraps to record while viewing the demo.


NOTE: Demo's take up little to no room on your HD, so you can
record months worth of gameplay without a problem.
 
Win. Thanks a ton. I forgot to cut fraps off before I went back in game and got booted again, lol.
Apparently other people can run it fine in-game... is it only me having this issue?
 
Is it only when you record that you are having the issue or when fraps is on, period. I use fraps in COD 4 with no issues...

Edit: do you use steam for cod 4? If so you need to disable the steam overlay or you will get booted by punkbuster every time.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top