Best Desktop system out there?

He takes a screenshot and posts the picture.

Although the best way is to get a picture taking plugin and capture the entire page. I know a guy who does that. :trollface:

hint
 
Ahh. Ty sir.
Chrome is my browser of choice anyway.

Very Nice lil App.
 
Last edited:
I think that the i5 is worth the money over something that is already outdated.

What do you need 8gb of ram for?
 
I would like to remind you that there will be a quiz at the end of this.
 
I think that the i5 is worth the money over something that is already outdated.

What do you need 8gb of ram for?


Using that logic then anything short of the latest i7 is outdated.
At some point a compromise has to be made.

Let me take this one..

Because 8 > 4? :thumbup1:
 
AM3+ has already been released though.

Sandy Bridge is currently the latest and greatest.
 
Sigh.. Sandy Bridge has already been released. Does that mean its outdated too?
That is about the silliest thing I've heard anyone say on this board so far.

You know theres this little company called AMD, right?
They make computer chips just like that other guy INTC and they sell them CHEAPER.

Matter of fact, the reason you enjoy overpriced intel chips at any kind of value is because AMD keeps PUSHING them and undercutting their prices by offering value. So knowing this, and knowing that, why do you keep suggesting the more expensive chips for budget builds? Please don't be an intel fan boy, it does not help the end user who is looking to build a budget gaming machine, but just the opposite as too much of their money is going on the platform instead of the video card and memory. I just showed how she can save 25% off the cost of her build to spend towards other stuff by getting a Quad core cpu running at 3.2 ghz. You really think she is going to be able to tell the difference between the sandy bridge and an AM3 in a $700 pc? Really? I bet I could add a better video card, more memory, put her in a game and she would think just the opposite.

For higher dollar builds I agree 100% Get the latest and greatest sandy bridge with an i5 or i7. Live it up!


Clearly there is definitely a little bit of bromance going on with you an intel.

I think this point has been proven time and time again by anyone with any sense of impartiality. When it comes to budget builds, you can not beat an AMD platform when it comes to bang for buck.

I realize people have their bias, they've had good luck with Intel's and since AMD's are cheaper, they must be inferior. I know. I've had people look at me and ask me to explain how AMD can be better when they are cheaper, I say its easy. because they work and they are cheaper.
 
Last edited:
Advanced* Micro devices

For $700 you can easilly afford the i5 which will completely wreck anything AMD offers right now.

Particularly Athlon IIs (which the phenom 840 is since it has no L3)

I run AMD on my main rig. I only use intel in my folding rig because of HT, and AMD does not have a comparable technology.

I much prefer overclocking AMD, I know it like the back of my hand.

But bang for the buck, you cannot beat the 2500K.

for $700, i would not invest in an outdated architechture and platform. Maybe if you had a lower budget, but for $700 it doesn't make any sense.
 
He never said, nor even insinuated that Sandy Bridge was outdated. He actually very specifically said it's the latest and greatest.

I think I can speak for both of us, but reflex and I aren't biased when it comes to AMD/Nvidia/Intel. We're both pretty aware of current hardware and whatnot. It's a fact that AMD hasn't produced anything that can compete against Intel's offerings outside of gaming for a while now.

Actually, the chip with the best value as of right now is the 2500k. Pre-SB, it was I believe the i5 750/760. It may have been the 1055T, but only because AMD priced it so low. With that being said, reflex' suggestion isn't one of a fanboy.

At a certain price is when AMD starts to get recommended. The $700 line can go either way. I personally would have gone AMD and opted for a stronger GPU, but anything that eGO hosts, save for BC2, won't need much more than that.

Also, don't have double standards. You are calling reflex a fanboy when he is not, yet you are preaching about how AMD is better.

Now please stop cluttering the thread. If you want to continue this discussion, do so via PM.
 
I like how I go to bed, I wake up and find this. Hahaha.
While they may be debating chips, I find all of the discussions fascinating and like the two different perspectives since I've gotten behind on technological wares.

I just like the idea of having a strong rig that can handle gaming but also Adobe Photoshop CS4 and just being able to handle more than one program open at once, you know? I've had this stupid laptop for almost...2 years now I think? And I hate having to compromise what I NEED to do for what this laptop can ONLY do. I have a whole 'nother tower somewhere floating in this house and it has a lot of my information stored (like photography and music; photography takes up the majority of my C drive) and I can't even get into it barely anymore because it MOVES SO SLOOOOW.
 
For $700, that could be done. Not being able to multitask is so 2006.
 
For $700, that could be done. Not being able to multitask is so 2006.

Daaaamn. True dat. I'm tired of having out of date computers! >.< I'm a highly multitasking person demanding multitasking out of like a 2003 HP, and then out of a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC dv4 from 2009.

I just wanna RAAAAGE.
 
Sigh, I dont even know where to start with the fanboys.

He never said, nor even insinuated that Sandy Bridge was outdated. He actually very specifically said it's the latest and greatest.

I know he didn't, I did, using his logic, He's using the fact that AM3 is old because its already out there, when in fact its not really that old. I said by that logic, then sandy bridge is old too, since it's also out there too.

There will always be something faster coming out or on the horizon.

For guys that profess to have no bias you have a funny way of showing it, I've not yet seen you suggest an AMD system to anyone at any budget. You may have done it, but I've not seen it.

I'm running a 1055T x6, I have no problem running a dozen programs at a time.
I don't think multitasking is going to be a problem with any brand quad core or 6 core processors.

Advanced micro devices. Correct. It was the 5:00 am eyes bleeding that got int he way. But don't lose the point. Point is, she can take that $170 and spend it on A SSD Or Better PSU and Gaming Card or something that she will be able to tell the difference in if she's a gamer or more memory and a SSD if she's a hardcore photoshopper. That was the point. I mean who really needs more than 100 FPS? For the avg user they will not be able to tell the difference for most tasks.
 
Last edited:
Sigh, I dont even know where to start with the fanboys.



I know he didn't, I did, using his logic, He's using the fact that AM3 is old because its already out there, when in fact its not really that old. I said by that logic, then sandy bridge is old too, since it's also out there too.

There will always be something faster coming out or on the horizon.

For guys that profess to have no bias you have a funny way of showing it, I've not yet seen you suggest an AMD system to anyone at any budget. You may have done it, but I've not seen it.

I'm running a 1055T x6, I have no problem running a dozen programs at a time.
I don't think multitasking is going to be a problem with any brand quad core or 6 core processors.

Advanced micro devices. Correct. It was the 5:00 am eyes bleeding that got int he way. But don't lose the point. Point is, she can take that $170 and spend it on A SSD Or Better PSU and Gaming Card or something that she will be able to tell the difference in if she's a gamer or more memory and a SSD if she's a hardcore photoshopper. That was the point. I mean who really needs more than 100 FPS? For the avg user they will not be able to tell the difference for most tasks.

Lol. Just lol.

AM3 has been out for a few years now. It's not new. It's AMD's latest, but it's still outdated.

Who said anything about multitasking being a problem on any processor, regardless of the manufacturer?

What $170 are you talking about? o.O

All I'm getting from you is that you're the fanboy. You've done nothing but bash Intel and praise AMD. Have you had processors from both companies? And I'm not talking like "Oh yeah, I had a P3, then got a Athlon FX. Intel sucks". I mean going from Athlon II or Phenom II to a Core i5/i7.



e. Also, about me being a fanboy, 3/4 builds, no, 4/5 builds that I've done for friends and family have been AMD. Only mine has been Intel because I've spent more.
 
Last edited:
I said that AM3+ is already out, so AM3 is old.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The fact is though, that in pretty much everything, sans video encoding, the 2500K will absolutely kill the X6 or any X4. AMD hasn't released a new architechture in almost 4 years, and it is starting to show. Plus, with bulldozer and AM3+ right around the corner, it doesn't make sense to invest in AM3 at the current time.


Trust me, i am an avid AMD guy, but when it comes down to it, intel has the better performance.

Now maybe, if this were a super budget build, then AMD makes sense, but when you want to spend this kind of money on a computer, why not go with what is better?

If lady were truly a hardcore photoshopper, i think they might wanna spend a bit more than $700.


I can do an AMD version, too, see which one looks better maybe?:
imF6PY.png



^i changed up the video card to nVidia because PS supports cuda, and not openCL. Added 8GB of ram.

I think for the money, Intel would be a better route though.
 
All I'm getting from you is that you're the fanboy. You've done nothing but bash Intel and praise AMD. Have you had processors from both companies? And I'm not talking like "Oh yeah, I had a P3, then got a Athlon FX. Intel sucks". I mean going from Athlon II or Phenom II to a Core i5/i7.

Guess, you need to pay a bit more attention, because I've recommended intel in almost every build > 1k to date.

But if you say so.
 
Is there any point where you will suggest an AMD system?
At what price point exactly?



Who said anything about multitasking being a problem on any processor, regardless of the manufacturer?

You did. In the post just before the last one.

For $700, that could be done. Not being able to multitask is so 2006.

But keep trolling.
 
Last edited:
probably recommend AMD when:

a. they have a greater P/P ratio

b. when i don't want to sacrifice other elements to fit intel into the budget.

c. when the client specifically wants AMD
 
So your saying, the the INTEL is better at every price point, and AMD offers no value whatsoever at any budget when compared to Intel?

Guys you need to focus a bit better on the question. I asked at what price point is that?

I'm going to start calling you guys Repo since you share the exact same distorted view.

Tell you what, I'll bet you a coke the average user will not tell the difference performance wise from an I5 system and an phenom x6.

Are you claiming that they will?
 
Back
Top