Media's New beast (A glimpse of whats to come)

Mediarocker

Active Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
367
Hello there eGO!

As you may have read in my other thread, I'm getting a new rig! (courtesy of the rents!) :w00t:

So now I've decided to just leak the specs and follow up with pics when it's on my doorstep. ;)

So here's what I'm looking at and can release without giving away too much.

Project: Grim Prophecy (yes. OC and mods will be made.)

PSU: 1200W
Proc: Intel Core i7 960 LGA1366 "Bloomfield" @ 3.2GHz
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB GDDR5
Ram: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @ 1600MHz
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

That's all I can release for now. :)
 
I think 1200W is massive overkill for a single 580. Other than that, nice!
 
Getting a 1366 processor right now is kind of stupid, no offense. LGA 2011 is right around the corner, and not to mention the 2600k is better.
 
Getting a 1366 processor right now is kind of stupid, no offense. LGA 2011 is right around the corner, and not to mention the 2600k is better.

Oh I know. But I can always change mobos. This is RB system as a gift from my parents. Whats nice is I can always upgrade. :)
 
What 1200W unit are you going with?
It's still overkill unless you plan on using 4 580s.
 
Unless you have something like 50 drives, you still won't need 1200W lol.
 
Capacitor aging isn't that big of a deal. Maybe on a crappy unit, but I'm assuming you're going with the AX1200, which is the only 1200W unit Corsair has, which isn't that prone to capacitor aging. Money would be better spent elsewhere.
 
everything is prone to cap aging.

Albeit the Japanese caps in the AX1200 probably not as much as cheaper units
 

Latest posts

Back
Top