New pc!!

DarkMelt

I made one post
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
15
I'm looking into purchasing a new system since I'm tired of my 2002 alienware that is ... well lets be honest ... crap at BEST at this point. So I’m posting my system specs. The system will be purchased from ibuypower.com but I am open to other sites where the deals might be better.



Here it is:

Special-B
1 x Case ( Enermax Hoplite Gaming Case - Black )

1 x Processor ( [= Six Core =] AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Black Edition Six-Core CPU )

1 x Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan )

1 x Memory ( 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )

1 x Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 3GB - Single Card )

1 x Motherboard ( Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 -- AMD 870 w/ 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16 )
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface (Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface)

1 x Power Supply ( 1000 Watt -- Extreme Gaming Series )

1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 64 GB ADATA S501 V2 SSD SATA 6 Gb/s - Single Drive )

1 x Data Hard Drive ( 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )

1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD?R/?RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )

1 x 2nd Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD?R/?RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )

1 x Sound Card ( Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE )

1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 64-Bit )

1 x Warranty ( Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )



Total cost: $1,653.00 (include shipping cost as well)




I want a fast booting system that handles anything that is thrown at it (yes, crysis2 as well). I'm also thinking about getting a RAM cooling for it. Please feel free to dissect and throw any advice/better deals.
:P
 
I have tried building myself in the past and some issues arose, where I had to deal with sending parts back and wait on their replacement. But I don?t mind any suggestions on self built systems with list of parts.
 
oooh. I'll do a build when I get out from my second class. I like this big budget builds.
 
Nice Rig.

Personally, I would take the list you just made.
Go to New Egg, shop around for the same thing or close to it and compare.

One Change for sure? Replace the PSU with a better one by Antec, Corsair, Seasonic.

Save it to a wish list and email it to yourself, then post it up and see which one is cheaper.

You don' t need the BE unless your planning on overclocking it.
You also did not mention what you will mainly be using this PC for which is critical to know before anyone suggests alternatives. Is it mainly a gaming rig or will you be doing other stuff like video encoding, compiling, heavy multitasking? etc?
Or just general purpose but mostly gaming?

787631-4182011110646PM

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d9bkvb72

Just a rough cut, didn't really shop that much or compare one to the other. Just an idea of what it would cost you to build a comparable rig.

Although, the quality on this one is a bit better.
 
Last edited:
The new system is going to be used mostly for gaming. I don't really see a reason as to why to get a better PSU. 1000W is more than enough to handle everything in the case.
 
It's not really the wattage that's concerning, it's the quality of the PSU that iBuyPower tends to put in their rigs. Having owned one such rig, I can tell you that the PSU is the sole reason why you should scale back to say... 650-750W Corsair/SeaSonic (though I think iBP only offers Corsair in terms of their more ... reputable brands). Even if you intend to SLI a second 580 later down the line, 1000W is overkill by almost a couple hundred watts...

The PSU is one of the most important things you put in a PC, and it's not really just about wattage ... it's also about the quality of the parts that make the power supply, which are perhaps even more important than the wattage.

Think about it like this: You wouldn't go and put your computer parts in a case that's made of aluminum foil and tin plates, right? You'd going to go for something that you KNOW will last and serve your parts well. The same circumstance applies to a power supply: what's it made of and what it does is a whole different beast from "it has this number of watts".
 
BTW I was just using your list and picking comparable products at newegg. Not sure why it wasn't showing or that image location keeps expiring.
That PSU is probably a bit overkill. You probably can get by with a 750 watt quite easily. Depending on if your overclocking or not.

Yea, what Runo said. Its not the size of the psu, but the quality.
This is a quality unit with more space, better parts and about $100 cheaper.

Granted, you probably can shave another $50-$100 off this build by shopping around, looking at combo's, mail in rebates, etc.
 
Last edited:
It has a little less GPU power, but it comes with a bunch better everything else. lol. And I just realized I put in 4GB instead of 8GB. I'll redo the build after my next class. I got out of my first class early. :wheee:

895588-4182011105049pm.png
 
The MB & OS are quite expensive, if you already have a copy of windows 7 & or a decent asus motherboard lying around, why buy another..
 
Actually I just plugged in your data with this exact configuration and it recommends 557 watts.

You can get by easily with a 650 watt power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
$75 ar

I like Po's build better than your original one, for the money, that seems almost too cheap?
I see, you forgot to add the DVDRW drives, the sound card, the water cooling unit..
and you cut back on the video card. the windows is a 32 bit version btw and of course, the 4 gigs of memory that you mentioned.

Cutting back video power on a "gaming" machine is something I don' t think I would do, unless it's to fill a specific request.

If I was going to drop down, it would to a 560ti which is only 1% less than the 570 and 33% cheaper and over half the price of the 580.
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/Gamer-Index,2673.html
It can be bought at Newegg right now for 199 ar.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...62074&cm_re=GTX_560_Ti-_-14-162-074-_-Product
 
Last edited:
The MB & OS are quite expensive, if you already have a copy of windows 7 & or a decent asus motherboard lying around, why buy another..

The motherboard is pretty awesome, though. I'd love to have it. It's worth the money.

Also, I doubt anyone would have an ASUS, or any brand really, 1155 board just laying around. lol.
 
Hmm ok, so far i get the scaling down on PSU wattage wise and scale up on quality. I definitely want to keep my OS at 64bit. Wouldn't mind scaling down in video but I'm planning for the future and don't mind spending a little bit more now.

Thanks to all who are giving their input :)
 
What's your actual budget? I can probably make a better build if I have a solid budget. lol
 
My budget is $1700.00. the case has 4 120mm fan slots that i would like to fill (2 on the side 2 on the top) and also i would like to ad RAM cooling fans. I want to make sure that i have enough power plugs on the mobo for them and all of the hardware.
 
At this point I request people to make their builds on www.cyberpowerpc.com and post them here and tell me why you think your build is the *shiznite*. I will pick out the best system posted here. Budget is around $1700.

good luck all =)

Dark Melt.
 
At this point I request people to make their builds on www.cyberpowerpc.com and post them here and tell me why you think your build is the *shiznite*. I will pick out the best system posted here. Budget is around $1700.

good luck all =)

Dark Melt.

Just a question,

Why cyberpowerpc?

You can build a wishlist on Newegg, screenshot or make it public...
... It's also cheaper (most of the time) over cyberpower.


Unless you plan on not physically building it, then I could understand the reasoning.
 
If you really want to get the best advice possible, we need to know exactly what you plan to use this computer for the vast majority of the time.

20% gaming?
80% Pron searching/ general stuff?

80% gaming?

Ok, What games? Do you like to play? WoW? Or First Person Shooters?

Do you encode video, compile databases, run premiere, Photoshop, etc. etc?
If so how intensively? Do you when editing Photoshop use 16 layers and several other programs open at the same time? or what?
 
Case: * Coolermaster HAF-X Gaming Full Tower Case w/ 1x230mm Red LED Fan, 1x200mm Fans, 2xFront USB 3.0 Port [+125]
CPU: Intel? Core? i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Freebies: FREE Game - Shogun 2 Limited Edition Coupon: Total War
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping]
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+486] (EVGA Superclocked [+45])
Power Supply Upgrade: 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply [+143]
Hard Drive: 80 GB Intel 320 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+132] (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+60] (Single Hard Drive)

This will take any game out there at highest settings. If you want to save money or increase the size of your SSD, you can reduce the HAF X to a HAF 912. If it is in your interest you can bring down the chassis and get an i7 2600k.
 
Back
Top