New pc!!

I like the build Bloodshot.

I like it a lot at this price point.

And honestly, regardless of what he is doing,
it will do anything he wants to do well or very well.

Personally, if I did not have to give up the SSD or a slower Video card? I would definitely go to the i7
 
Last edited:
Personally, if I did not have to give up the SSD or a slower Video card? I would definitely go to the i7

I respectfully disagree. For the majority of programs, and virtually all games, the increase from an i5 2500/k to a i7 2600/k is pretty much non-existent, except for the minuscule increase from the marginally increased core speed. But for an unlocked processor, that doesn't really matter too much.

Some people may be surprised by that fact, but the truth is that the i5 and the i7 are based on the same exact architecture, and the only difference is that the i7's are on average higher binned*, and have hyperthreading**.

*Binning is the process of determining the quality of the individual chips. Higher binned chips are higher quality, and capable of producing more output with less power input and/or errors.

**HyperThreading is an Intel technology that gives each core two virtual threads, but they aren't as efficient as real threads, and should not be counted as cores.
 
Thank you guys for the Input. I am wondering if I should get a PhysX card as well. I was thinking dropping down to GTX 560 Ti 2GB for primary and then get another one for PhysX. Please Input when possible.

Thanks in advance =)
 
Having a PhysX card would only improve performance in games that have hardware accelerated PhysX, which is a very small amount. Unless you have an older card that you can use as a spare, it is not worth it to buy a card that does only that. Most PhysX enabled GPUs can get the job done by themselves.
 
also 2mb more cache.... on the i7

Unless all you do is run mafia 2 all day, PhysX card is completely unnecessary, and the main video card can render it fine without a dedicated card.
 
This is the build I think I'm going to go with. If you see any must know errors and just any helpful input let me know.

=P***


CAS: * Raidmax Aeolus Gaming Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window [+5]

CD1: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+21] (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: Intel? Core? i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)

FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

HDD: 80 GB Intel 320 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+132] (Single Hard Drive)

HDD2: 500GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+48] (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [-64] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-H67M-D2-B3 Intel H67 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe & 2 PCIe X1 [B3 Stepping] [-32]

MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS: Microsoft? Windows? 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TX 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+126]

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 3GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+571] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

WNC: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+29]



FINAL_PRICE: $1652.00 (includes shipping)
 
Quick question: could he save a bit of money by dropping down to the 2GB (vs. 3GB) GTX 580? Since I don't think he's going to NEED that much memory on his graphics card alone if he's not going for a multi-display setup, the price drop should mean he could swap from an H67 to a P67 mobo and still be under budget.

Question 2: Did I miss the GPU manufacturer somewhere in that list? With iBuyPower, make SURE you select the "Go EVGA for $5/$15 more" (or whatever it's called) option. iBuyPower tends to use weird off-brands if the brand is not specifically named next to the product ("Major Brand Powered by nVidia" is a load of crapola ... they just take whatever brand is available in their stock at the shop). That would be a terrible mistake with your GPU so make sure you select the EVGA upgrade if it's available. I don't know if they've branched out to offer other brands yet.

Question 3: I know it's a 580 but it's only a singular GPU, so 850W is overkill by a couple hundred watts, still, unless you're going to go SLI later down the road... For right now you could probably save even more by cutting down the wattage by 100-200. Just something to think about.
 
Last edited:
Thanks to all who have contributed their help with building my PC over cyberpowepc website. I'm posting my last build I'm going with.

Enjoy ^_~



CAS: * Raidmax Aeolus Gaming Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

CPU: Intel? Core? i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: (2-Way SLI Support) Asus Sabertooth X58 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3 FCLGA1366 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS: Microsoft? Windows? 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TX 80 Plus Power Supply

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+246] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
 
That is a very nice build and should suit all your needs easily.
What was the final $ of this gem?
 
Back
Top