Sure its been asked many times...

Loscatens

Rookie
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
33
But, I'm looking for a Mic for the vent servers..

Now I DO NOT want a headset, as the cans/speakers i use are what i want..

So, I am looking for a stand alone mic that has good sound quality, and is decent at filtering out background noise.

Any suggestions?


Thanks much in advance. (and ill keep digging through the search threads as well) :P
 
A few questions:
  1. What's your budget?
  2. Do you want USB or jack connections?
  3. Does a clip-on mic sound viable instead of a desk-top mic?
  4. Are you using it for anything else besides vent? (such as podcasting/etc.)
 
1. anything under 150$ US
2. Either will work, i'm gonna go with whatever is better quality.
3. Clip-on does, if the sound quality is as good/better then a desk-top.
4. No, just Vent, for eGO stuff, as well as my WoW group.
 
There's a few choices you have:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microphone-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone/dp/B00029MTMQ"]Zalman Zm-Mic1 Clip-on Microphone[/ame]
- Lots of people use this mic for headphone/mic setups. It works as advertised.
(Con: It is omnidirectional, meaning it picks up outside/unwanted noise)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Desktop-Uni-Directional-Microphone/dp/accessories/B0000511XL"]Cyber Acoustics Mic-48 Desktop Microphone[/ame]
- It advertises unidirectional audio, but that doesn't mean it is or works.

You can also do a few searches on Google (or your favorite search engine) for
Desktop Microphones. Nearly all of them work, it's your decision when it comes
to the final choice; if you find one you like, you can always ask about it here.
____________________________________________

This next one I haven't gotten the chance to try yet...
Stryker PC Throat Mic

There's no reviews for it, but I know the Military has been using throat mics.
Commercial throat mics (such as that link above) are used widely in paintball,
some motorcyclists use them too.
Throat mics cancel out any background noise because they only "read" the
vibrations of your throat, which means you can even whisper and you're heard
(even though there's a loud background noise).

... But like I said, I haven't been able to try it out yet or find any reviews for it.
Once I get the money to, I'd gladly buy one to try it out and make a review for.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top