Bluetooth malfunction

Rathion

Famous
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
442
So I recently received a Plantronics 510 bluetooth headset from a family member for free, they got a new one so they just handed it off to me. It just so happens I had a generic bluetooth adapter I got for cheap laying around so I decided to hook it up to windows and try it out.
Once I got my headset synced no sound would be detected through the microphone and I couldn't pipe any sound into the headset. I tried installing some generic broadcom drivers and when the bluetooth device was in it failed to recognize it. I also tried some generic ASUS ones given for my laptop, they also failed to recognize the generic bluetooth USB dongle. I am running windows 7, any ideas?
 
What is the exact make/model of the bluetooth device?
What is the company of the bluetooth device?
 
"Failed to recognize it."

What exactly is the error? Does it show up in the task bar and say "Windows is not able to identify this device. It may be corrupted, please replace the device as soon as possible." or something else?
 
Last edited:
Windows recognizes it and uses its stock driver, but any third party generic driver I try to install does not recognize the bluetooth device during the installing process.
 
1) Left click Start.
2) Highlight Computer and right click.
3) Left click manage.
4) Click the Device Manager tab and scroll to your device.
5) Right click your device and left click Properties.
6) Left click the third tab, Details, and left click the scroll box. Scroll until you see Hardware Ids.
7) Post in here all the Hardware Ids listed.
 
CSR Bluetooth Radio:

USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_1915
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

Microsoft Bluetooth Emulator:

BTH\MS_BTHBRB
 
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_1915:
Cambridge Silicon Radio / Accel Semiconductor Corp
Cambridge Silicon Radio / YIGUANG

Have you tried this yet?
 
Ok it says the adapter is installed properly. This doesn't solve my issue with having everything I try to connect via bluetooth not work properly. (Like a bluetooth headset or setting up my phones wireless sync)
 
Just got farther then I ever have, Paired my headset, input the pairing code of 0000, and it is identified by the headset model under the output devices and sound recording devices I can select. I still can not push any audio to it even if it is set as default, and no audio is being sensed computer side.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top