If you were to lose a type of data on your computer, which would be most devastating?

If you were to lose a type of data on your computer, which would be most devastating?

  • Music

    Points: 68 24.9%
  • Pictures

    Points: 59 21.6%
  • Saved games

    Points: 33 12.1%
  • Programs

    Points: 54 19.8%
  • Documents

    Points: 59 21.6%

  • Total voters
    273
Music, games, and programs can be replaced. Pictures of loved ones no longer with us can't.
 
Ill cry if i lose all my programs, having to re-download all of them would take me weeks eek!!!
 
My Programs.

But my dad's computer has over 16,000 songs... 98% of them legally bought.

That would be devastating.
 
My music. They're the only thing that keeps me sane.

~Music, signing-off.
 
I've got about 100000 renders/vectors/wallpapers I would not like to lose.
 
Documents for sure. Every school paper I've done since 8th grade is on my computer. Also all of my web-design invoices and history are on there. Either way though it wouldn't matter as I have everything on this computer backed up to my online server, as well as an apple time machine, and another imac.
 
pictures for me, almost everything is backed up for me and since most of my games are through steam they would be fine. Documents would be a big loss as well. But pictures are more important to me so yeah.
 
music without a doubt. I have been collecting it for over a decade. Some of it is common, but most of it is not.

-Blue
 
Pictures hands down. Documents would be a pretty big loss, but Quicken data can be re-entered and schoolwork can be redone. Music and programs can be re-acquired and the loss of a saved game just means I get to play the game again. Many of the pictures I have however are precious snapshots of family and friends that can not be replaced and do not exist in any physical form.
 
I'd have to say the most devastating loss would be the textual stuff. Years of chatlogs and lots of stuff I've typed that I'd otherwise forget about.
 
I have so many saved games at crucial points in a game i like to replay, i would die if my saved games were gone
 
I was really torn between pictures and documents but chose pictures because they can only be taken once while just about everything else can be found again or redone.
 
I've had so many hard drives die I've lost count, after the twentieth drive dies you come to a zen like state where you realize nothing was lost, it was digital. it never existed. THAT said if my picks disappear i'm gonna me sad...
 
Well, if you're asking which would be most devastating to gaming/my computer in general, programs. Most devastating to my life would be my music defiantly. I. LOVE. MUSIC.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top