win7 alt tab problem!

shan^K

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
675
Okay I have this problem with win7 and cs:s. Whenever I am playing cs I cant alt tab to my desktop. If I do then when I try to tab back in, it doesn't work. I hear the sounds but my screen still displays my desktop but with a bigger resolution. Has anybody ever experienced this or knows how to fix it. It has never happened to me on xp or vista. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
 
24 views no replies, I guess no one has ran into this problem but me. Sigh....
 
How long do you wait till you give up? When did this first start happening? Were you able to alt-tab out in the past without any problems?

In steam games when you alt-tab out it becomes glitchy. I suggest you change it to windowed mode, and add a -noborder in the options so you can easily minimise out and in within seconds.
 
Recently got a new pc with win7 and it's been happening from the very start. The -noborder you talk about do I put that in cs:s launch options?
 
Go to Library in your Steam window.

Right click on Counter Strike:Source on the left hand list of your games.

Click Properties.

Click Multiplayer Options tab.

Click Set Launch Settings (or something).

Add -noborder in the box. Click okay.

Then set Counter Strike to open in a Window mode.
 
I have to admit that....
1248198772162.jpg
 
Back
Top