Aftermarket GPU Cooling

a pet rock

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
2,417
So I'm running crossfire Radeon 6850s and I'm getting tired of how loud these fans are at idle (should've seen it coming). So right now I'm looking at aftermarket GPU cooling and don't really know where to look. I'd prefer to keep the cards are two slots, but if that's just not possible I can do three slots. I also need to make sure there's clearance for the crossfire bridge. I also have a preference for quiet more than performance. Anybody have any ideas?
 
Arctic Cooling has some 6850 compatible heat sinks. Not sure if they're double slot, though. :/

I believe reflex has one. How many slots does the Twin Turbo Pro take up?
 
Yeah, that's the main company I've been looking at. Twin Turbo Pro looks like a three slot cooler just like the Xtreme. It's 4mm shorter, but that's not exactly a whole slot. I've also gotta make sure the crossfire bridge fits across the top.
 
Like I thought. Might still go with it though. How much taller is it than the card? I need to make sure the CF bridge will still fit.
 
on my 6870, the cf bridge is no where near the TTP. It would work fine
 
I have three slots, I was just preferring two because it seems like a better idea. Although after looking into it, it looks like there aren't many two slots coolers that are worth it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top