Looking for a new processor

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
I'm looking for a processor that will last me awhile and will be able to play bf3. I have around a $225 budget.. give or take a few dollars :P Anyway it doesn't matter to me if it's intel or amd as I have had both.

Edit: I've decided to build a computer.. Any ideas on the motherboard, case, and memory? Also I'm looking to keep it under 900.
 
Last edited:
Well, AMD in my experience is generally cheaper. You'd have to find out what socket type you have on your motherboard before choosing something though. I recommend CPU-Z to find out the spec's on your mobo.
 
What is the FSB and Socket type of your motherboard?

Or if it easier, what is your motherboard FSB and CPU model?

EDIT: He steam messaged me his CPU-Z info.

Right now he is a Phenom X4 9100e on AM2+

His mobo is the Gateway RS780.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately, you're going to have to upgrade the motherboard, cpu, and memory all at once to do any real upgrades.
 
Well I can spend more.. do you guys have any suggestions for the motherboard? and what kind of memory?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top