Connecting case fans to Power Supply

HeadShot

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
1,685
Case fans installation -Help-

Hey guys, quick question. I just bought the Haf 932, and it is a beast. Anyways, this will be my first build, kinda nervous. I have like 4 case fans each with two molex connectors, one male and one female.

I was wondering if I can link two or three fans together using male/female molex and just use one molex from the Power supply to power all of it. Is this fine or should I plug one molex from the psu to each individual fan?

Its kinda hard to explain, hope you guys get what Im asking.

Thanks
-HeadShot
 
Last edited:
What iEye said, you can do it. I've did it via two molex connectors, for cable management/viewing purposes.

Are there any negative repercussions for doing it via only one? Well, can't say for certain (someone else will let you know), but it is doable.
 
I have 4 fans daisy chained together on a single link. No problems at all. Each of those fans doesn't use more than about 4-6 watts a piece.
 
Whatever suits your cable management situation best.

Like what Mr. Pistol said, each fan uses very little voltage, a single molex should have no problem powering several fans.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top