Chimp Challenge!!!!!!!!!1

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
So, who else here is participating?

I know we have some folders that hang around here.

I am folding for 37726 (OCN) as usual. I'll be running:

-i7 860 (4GHz) bigadv (~27,000ppd)
-GTX 260 GPU2 (~8000ppd)
-GT 240 (~4000ppd)
-GTX 460 (~13000 ppd)

total ~52k

live stats:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/2011/

pretty good if you ask me.

For those of you that don't have any idea what i am talking about, Chimp Challenge is a folding@home competition that is held every year, where OCN smacks down the other competitors....
 
I'll be running 2 i7 920's (not bigadv), a Q6600, 2 460's, and an 8800GT.

The 920's are not running bigadv because they are not mine so I cannot overclock them.
 
What kind of sad person doesn't overclock an i7.... :(


what teams btw guys?
 
Don't kill me, EVGA. I'm not just there for the bucks like most other teams think everybody is. I was a member of a small folding@home team and everybody kinda disappeared. I was already a member of the EVGA community and switched over to them and have been folding for them for over 2 years now. It really is a great community and there is a lot of good people there. A lot of generous gifts (I was given a GTX 460 for $20 + shipping), prize donations, and time and money dedicated to organizing events put in by good folks that are in it for the overall cause.

P.S. the bucks make it easier to increase my folding contributions. :)
 
don't worry, we got you guys on the run this year.

Hard to hate on someone that you beat into the ground. heheheh
 
I wish I could fold, but my cpu (c2d e6750) prob wont cut it. I do have 4x1gb ddr2 800 memory that can prob do the trip along w/ an evga gts 450, but more than likely my dual core cpu will be the hindrance.
 
I wish I could fold, but my cpu (c2d e6750) prob wont cut it. I do have 4x1gb ddr2 800 memory that can prob do the trip along w/ an evga gts 450, but more than likely my dual core cpu will be the hindrance.


for cc, anything helps
You can definitely fold on the 450, at the very least.

how does it feel to be loosing by 100%?
 
you are no fun >.>

Haha I decided shortly after starting folding that I would not let myself get too competitive. When I get competitive...yeah. Enough drama as it is.

That said, I'm pretty glad they changed the rules this year. Makes it a closer and more competitive race. Less predictable.
 
09' wasn't very predictable lol

Last year was my first CC. Going into it I thought it was pretty clear we would win. OCN ramped up way more and made it close but we just had more horsepower. And this year it probably would've been us again without the rule change...again just the bigger team. So I'm definitely in favor of the new system. Could probably use some tweaks, but overall, it's an improvement.
 
that was awesome....


we still send them invites every year

and every year, they say no.

trolololo
 
Back
Top