Can't connect to Steam, gamespy, battle.net

hellario

I made one post
Joined
May 4, 2011
Messages
2
Hi,

first time posting here, but here is my problem:
I can' connect to steam, battle.net (from Starcraft II), EA servers (Battlefield Bad Company 2), or GameSpy (borderlands). Connections time out.
However, my browser (Firefox) works fine. Connects to servers, logs me into email, forums, etc. To my knowledge at the very least Steam and Battle.net worked fine last time I used my PC yesterday.

So far I've tried: rebooting PC, rebooting router, turning off windows firewall, reinstalling steam. No change.

I would appreciate any insight you could give me.
 
Download Combofix HERE.

You will need to disable all active antivirus programs to run the program.

Let me know if you still have issues after running Combofix.

I am hoping the program will fix the 'host file' issue I think you have.
 
False alarm. My roommate turned on the firewall on the router today. Only had the chance to ask him just now.

He said he turned it on because someone fraudulently used his credit card today in Texas (we're in Cali) and he figured it was because of playstation hack. His computer appears on the network, but is login/password protected.

Any chance they could've hacked into it through playstation? (We didn't have encryption on the network - password messes with some of his wireless devices).
 
If Sony sent some kind of notification that their servers have been compromised then that is probably it. I dont know how hard it is to hack into the PS (its probably harder than the Xbox and the Xbox requires HW modification)
 
Back
Top