Bought my new laptop

yay!

too bad they don't offer the Intel 6300 as an option.

3x3 is much beuno.
 
Agreed but 2x2 will suffice. I do have the option to use wired at the 2 places where the laptop will be used 75% of the time (dorm room and home).

I'm pretty pumped, looks like an awesome laptop.
 
I used to play CS:S on a laptop. It overheats very often.

Will this Alienware be different? :confused:
 
none of my laptops overheat when playing CS:S

one of them just crashes, but that is more linux' fault.
 
Looks pretty good.

Alienwares are overrated imo... but you do get a fairly powerful machine.
 
Alienwares are overrated imo... but you do get a fairly powerful machine.

I normally agree. I am not a huge fan of the brandname and the lights and all of that stuff. But for the m11x and the m14x, I don't know of any other laptops in their size categories with the same amount of power.
 
Maingear?

Never heard of it before.

The 13" isn't powerful enough, so I looked at the 15" ones. I specced out the ALT-15 to similar to the m14x specs, slightly better (2720QM -- no 2630QM option, 1920x1080 -- required for the 555M). Turns out it's about .7 lbs lighter, with roughly the same dimensions, slightly bigger. Cost was about $116 more.

Not bad and I may have looked into it had I known about it, but I don't see why it would be much better than the m14x. It does have a larger footprint (since it is a 1.6" bigger screen, after-all), which is something that doesn't appeal much.

I don't know how the speakers on the maingear one are, but I do know that the m14x speakers are great, which is definitely a plus.

Still happy with my purchase, thank god lol.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top