MineCraft Low FPS ;(

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
2,865
Hello,

I just got a new laptop and my FPS are reallly bad on this thing.

My specs: Intel Core i7 2.0 Ghz
4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 540M 2GB

I thought thats pretty good,

any idea why my fps are still about 5-10?

~Bird
 
Do you have any other programs running in the background? And what do you have your MineCraft settings at? And how big is the screen, out of curiosity?
 
Do you have any other programs running in the background? And what do you have your MineCraft settings at? And how big is the screen, out of curiosity?

Nothing special running at the background, just got this laptop so its kinda empty. Settings? There arnt much settings, but i play on highest i think, but my laptop should be able to handle that i think. My screen is 15.6 inch.
 
As we discussed before, your laptop has two GPUs; onboard (Intel HD) and discrete (540M). I'm guessing when you play MC, the 540M isn't getting turned on. There should be a way for you to make sure the 540M is enabled, either by messing with software configs, or there may even be a switch on the laptop itself that you just have to flick on. And by software configs, there should be a power management option that has a slew of different profiles to use. That should allow you to enable the 540M to be used at all times.
 
Ye, I figured that out. I can select programs which will be played by the GT540. I add Minecraft to the list, but when i finally launch minecraft, it says: "No Activity/No programs running with GT540". The same for Sony Vegas, really anoying. Dont know how this solve it tho.

Just figured out that even when I play WoT on highest settings, my GT540 doesnt get on, and my FPS are 1-3. :(
 
Last edited:
what security system do u have

Commodo and AVG, why you ask?

Next time get straight to the point and tell me why you ask, i dont like short questions like that. You never know what intention people have with those questions you know.
 
For some reason minecraft is running through my GT540 now. But there are still programs which are on the list but not running via the GT540. Like Sony Vegas. :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top