I want to develop an app...

B Zerker

Active Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
298
So I've thought about it. I've researched it and I cant find any straight forward answer about it. anywhere.:facewall:

I do not know how to use Xcode or how to program in Objective C or how to program at all, but I've got the internet for that (help would be appreciated though).

My biggest problem is the fact that i don't have a mac and cant find any programs that work on windows. By what I've read there is no possible way to make one on Windows without a jail-broken ipod.

Any help? Suggestions? Any one have any experience with this?

(if i would get a mac I'd probably get get a macbook pro 15")
 
Android apps would be a better place to start.

Won't help you at all with apple since Java is nothing like Objective C, but neither is any other language. (srsly apple wth)

Also google doesn't charge you to help their platform.

If you wanna just screw arround, app inventor is a fun place to start:
http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/
 
Coding for Apple is completely useless unless you can make it worth your time. Not only do you have to be running on OSX, you also have to purchase a developer license for around 100$ a year. Oh and not to mention the extremely strict App Store guidelines.

Like Reflex said, try some android first.
 
You don't want to code in objective c with no coding background... Plus you should learn coding first, then apply it to a project not the other way around, otherwise it will take forever and you won't be able to think of an idea and apply it since you'll be limited by your coding ability.
 
You definitely want to learn at least some basic coding before making an app. Google app inventor is actually a great little way to get introduced to coding, however it is very limiting so an introduction is all it should be.
 
If you need help with Java, just shoot me a PM. I haven't done any development for Android, but I'm pretty good at making GUIs. :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top