New Eye Candy

a pet rock

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
2,417


Yup, they just arrived in the mail today. Probably gonna put them in tomorrow. So stoked!:thumbup:
 
Working on it. Kinda scurred about taking off the reference shroud. Haven't done that before.
 
Installed one on the lower card. Dropped idle temps to 30C and the top card is now idling at 42C. First time it's been below 50 since Crossfire! I'm putting the second one in tomorrow. The girlfriend wants to see the "surgery".
 
I think I might order one of those this weekend for mah birfday. Give us some temps!
 
Okay well original idle temps were over 50C/45C, now with just one installed on the lower card it's at 40C/30C.

In Furmark for 15minutes it maxed out at 83C/55C, where it used to hit 85C/75C within a couple minutes.

It's also so freaking quiet! I can't hear it at all over the other card or any of my case fans. I'm gonna see how quiet it is once I get the other jet engine out of there.
 


Sorry it's not a very good shot. I remembered to do it after I installed them. And since they're plugged into the molex it's a pain to take them out now. Hope that's good enough. Otherwise I guess I could take better pictures.
 
It's Crossfire for the Radeon cards and yes I do. I have the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro which is capable of running x8/x8 Crossfire.
 
Nope, couldn't do that. For some reason, my 6850 has a 2-pin fan header. The TTP has 3 and 4 pin connectors. Go figure. If I could I would, but I can't.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top