New PC! ( Finally :) )

Hav0k

Rookie
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
99
Well I finally convinced my girlfriend to let me buy a new PC :P

I went out and got a LG 20 inch LED LCD at the store (no use shipping something like that)

And the rest should be here by Thursday (according to UPS website) so by next weekend I should be playing CS:Source (its been like 3-4years)

-Biostar N68S3B GeForce Socket AM3 Motherboard
-AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.8Ghz 95W OEM CPU
-Patriot Gaming i5 8GB DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9 Kit
-Seagate 1TB LP Serial ATA HD 5900/32MB/SATA-3G
-Cooler Master DK9-7G52A-0L-GP CPU Cooler AM3/ AM2
-Samsung Internal SATA 22X DVDRW Black
-Thermaltake V2 Mid Tower ATX Case with 450W PSU
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DVD

Shipping / Handling / Taxes: paid $660 (including monitor)

might as well include some pics lol:

lg-Monitors-E40-Large.jpg
 
Last edited:
very nice very nice i would of got a better hdd like a sping point or western black calviar. ur hdd will be the bottle neck in ur build 5400rpm is not that great. i would of gone with an asrock or an asus evo open box. plus the psu might die on u but idk that well. could of got a gama and psu be a anted neo 520w.

http://i.imgur.com/MV4UB.png


idk about the mobo i tried to fit in the 955 for performance but i think mobo hinders it idk.
 
Last edited:
interesting component choices.

Onboard video?


Have fun! new pc stuff is awesome
 
I would suggest a PSU with more watts if you are using a top of the line video card. I'm getting a 600W just to support my new vid card since 250W is just not going to cut it.
 
for those who are wondering, yes, im going with onboard video.

keep in mind that im gonna mostly be working with it for 8hours a day, and CS:Source is about the newest game I play....working for a telecom company taking calls at home (we boot into a DVD Linux Environment) so it should be fine for now...im gonna do a few upgrades in a few months, still need to buy a desk, chair, keyboard, mouse (my Logitech G5 is getting old :P), and a spearker set.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top