Building my first rig

y r u acting like a little child about this. i told u wats wrong and thats it. no need for ur childish act its ab sered. that ur inadequacy is leveled with a 1st grader.

A few quotes from you:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA for that hdd! that can burn. its crap. the gpu is a gud idea. and i had that mobo it wont handle the 955 at all

ROLF to u. i had the mobo and still do it does not support it infact the bios after updated rejected it. i just got the msi 870 and i like it better then the evo

and again...

y r u acting like a little child about this.... no need for ur childish act its ab sered. that ur inadequacy is leveled with a 1st grader.

The only thing that is ABSURD right now is your crappy attitude. Explaining something from personal experience is one thing, but deliberately attacking and downing another poster is unacceptable by eGO standards, no matter what the reason.

If you want to help, great. If not, just keep it to yourself please.





...Back on topic...

The EVO 790X that Sushiflinger posted is in fact a very good board, as is evidenced by reviews. As USB3/SATA3 isn't widely used yet, I'd still take the 790X, and if I needed SATA3 capabilities for an SSD or something, I would get an add-in card. Problem solved. As of this time, he's on a very restrictive budget, so a lower priced motherboard is preferable, especially if the board performs well.

Also, you're not going to find a new AM3 motherboard nowadays that doesn't accept a Phenom II X4 955BE. That chip has been out for at least 2 years now. For a board not to accept it would be horrendous considering how well that CPU sells in AMD's lineup.

Hitachi is good, but not great. If I'm not mistaking, they've been bought out by WD(?). That being said, I've had a western digital drive fail on me before, so there's no such thing as a bullet proof hard drive.

Get a basic keyboard. No need for something that costs more than $20 for a budget build.

I think that wraps it up. If there's an issue, I can put together a build too.
 
Last edited:
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1Ghz Quad Core: $104.99
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Motherboard: $98.99 (-$10 rebate)
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600: $39.99
SAPPHIRE 100297L Radeon HD 5830 1GB: $109.99 <- Incredible price. Pick it up quickly.
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM HDD: $64.99
SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W PSU: $59.99
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Computer Case: $54.99
ASUS CD/DVD burner drive: $21.99
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit: $99.99
Logitech K120 Black USB Wired Standard Keyboard: $14.99
Acer S201HLbd Black 20" 5ms LED-Backlight LCD monitor: $109.99

Total cost (before shipping): $780.89
After MIR: $770.89


Option 2: Change out the CPU for this: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz for $15 more. You're still $5 under budget.


Here's what I've done.
  • I lowered the CPU a little, but it's still a quad core and can be overclocked.
  • I gave you a better GPU: 5830>5770
  • Lowered the size of the monitor, but it's LED backlit, which is a plus.
  • I also gave you a slightly better case. It has cable management and is painted inside as well as out. Asthetics of the case are great for the price.
  • The power supply is smaller, but it will run that system no problem.

And here's the big one.

  • Unlike the other suggestions, I INCLUDED THE OS IN THE PRICE OF THE BUILD instead of suggesting that you get it some OTHER way.

That's it. Enjoy.










EDIT: changed the PSU to a "better" unit. Corsair's Builder series isn't that great...
 
Last edited:
Bravo mad pistol. Excellent build for his price range. Also, that 5830 is an amazing deal. =P

applause.gif


There's nothing wrong with the other way.

Linux is a great OS :rolleyes:

It is. I've had efficiency problems with trying to run steam on it though, even without compiz...
 
I edited my build post again. It turns out that the 955BE is now only $120. Because of this, he can technically use that CPU, and he'll still be $5 under budget (before shipping). As everyone here will agree, the 955BE overclocks much better than the AII 645.

Something to consider. ;)
 
Thank you mad pistol.

Also, do i need to buy cables to connect everything or do the components come with cabling?
 
The components come with all the cabling. There may be issues with the length of cables, but probably not. If there are, you can just run over to a local store like Frys. ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top