Steelseries 9HD Mouse Pad

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
2,865
Hey,

I just saw a 9HD Gaming Mouse Pad in the store, I never saw it before and i thought, nobody uses mouse pads these days. Apperently they are.

Anyone know these things? And are they worth buying? Where are they good for anyway?

~Bird:)
 
Hey,

I just saw a 9HD Gaming Mouse Pad in the store, I never saw it before and i thought, nobody uses mouse pads these days. Apperently they are.

Anyone know these things? And are they worth buying? Where are they good for anyway?

~Bird:)

Steelseries surfaces are high quality.

I think my friend has the 9HD (it might be a different hard surface), he said
that he loves it more than any other one he has owned in the past.

Hard surface is much better in my opinion because it's easier to clean.


I was considering getting the S&S, but I'm saving for a new PC.
 
K thanks for the info. But why use a Mouse Pad? Laser mouses can be used on every surface. Whats the advantage of it?
 
K thanks for the info. But why use a Mouse Pad? Laser mouses can be used on every surface. Whats the advantage of it?

Some people have surfaces that causes mice to move around too quickly (e.g. glass).

Mousepads provide a surface where there's a good movement balance..
 
other uses: i use my mouse on my desk, not a table or something. So after like 50 times my mouse went over same spot, the paint from the desk will come off. So i bought the 9HD Gaming Mouse Pad. It's epic. It's large, it's smooth, it's cool, it's a musthave!
 
I use a very large Mionix hard surface mousepad because my bamboo desk is an inconsistent tracking surface. If your desk has a consistent surface that tracks well, Formica for example, you probably don't need one. Open woodgrain surfaces, leather, etc. and you probably will see an improvement in mouse movement.
 
K thanks for the info. But why use a Mouse Pad? Laser mouses can be used on every surface. Whats the advantage of it?


A few reasons come to mind. A lot of mats have textured surfaces (smooth for speed, grainy for control).

Believe it or not, some mice cannot operate properly on some surfaces (shiny desktops, white surfaces, glass).

Some pads offer mobile usage, too.

I use a Razer exactmat. It's...special. I couldn't imagine not using thin thing. For starters, it has two sides - 1 smooth (speed) 1 course (control).
Both are excellent, I can flip the pad at any time and be happy. I've never said, "Oh! let me flip the pad so I can take advantage of it" I love both sides, and can do whatever with whichever side I'm using. If I had to pick one side, I'd probably say control. (When doing precise things like sniping in TF2, I can honestly say the pad steadies my aim)

The mouse pad is STURDY (we're talking metal - real solid, unbendable metal). If someone breaks into your house you can bash them over the head with it. It's light, but tough - there's no 'give' to it at all. This is great for laptop users - I can sit on my sofa, bed, floor, and this mouse pad is an excellent surface. No more frustrating sessions trying to get my mouse to move when I'm plopped down on the floor ~


The only thing I don't like is the Razer logo and Exatmat printed on it - If I had a choice, I would have preferred an all black (non-logo) pad. Not a big deal, just my preference.

(not mine, just an image I grabbed)
workstatio108or.jpg
 
Once you use a mousepad you won't go back, using a normal surface may allow your mouse to work but your not actually getting the full precision out of it. I use the steelseries qck+ and love it, no mousepad makes it much slower to react and a lot less precise.
 
using a mouse on a desk sucks.

i use a generic blue mousepad.

behold!
BLUEMOSUEPAD.jpg
 
You guys and your mousepads. I use my mouse directly on my desk. ujelly?
 
It has mechanical keyswitches. But they're Cherry MX Blacks, so they literally feel identical to rubber domes, which means it sucks to type on if you've typed on a MX Blue or MX Brown keyswitch.
 
It has mechanical keyswitches. But they're Cherry MX Blacks, so they literally feel identical to rubber domes, which means it sucks to type on if you've typed on a MX Blue or MX Brown keyswitch.

:confused1:

tldr version?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top