Got new processor, mobo and RAM. Clock speeds lower than stock?

Most modern processors underclock when they aren't under heavy usage (info on AMD's version). Try running something taxing in the background while checking CPU-Z. As for the RAM, it should be showing 800MHz under DRAM Frequency for DDR3-1600.
 
Ram you take the number x2 and it gets your speed so its running at 1400, it wont run at full 1600 until you tweak it in the bios but it really isn't worth it.

AMD proccesors use cool and quiet which downclocks your cpu when its not really in use, so that's why your seeing it at 800mhz. If you were in a game and looking at the speed it would show the true speed. If it's getting stuck at 800mhz while in games you need to update your bios.
 
Is it possible to have the processor stay at stock frequencies? I'll go check my bios now.
 
Is it possible to have the processor stay at stock frequencies? I'll go check my bios now.
Yeah, just disable cool and quiet in the bios. I don't know why you really need to though, anytime it will need it the core will clock up. It's not slowing anything down.
 
Is it possible to have the processor stay at stock frequencies? I'll go check my bios now.

Yes, there should be an option to disable Cool'n'Quiet, though I don't recommend it. If you aren't overclocking it's a pretty useful feature for power saving. The technology is very evolved at this point - you shouldn't see any performance difference between the two.

Edit: We seem to keep ninja'ing each other Cut. ;)
 
Yes, there should be an option to disable Cool'n'Quiet, though I don't recommend it. If you aren't overclocking it's a pretty useful feature for power saving. The technology is very evolved at this point - you shouldn't see any performance difference between the two.

Edit: We seem to keep ninja'ing each other Cut. ;)
Essentially saying the same thing :P, just looking to post while downloading the witcher 2.

Kunai, your ram is running at a good speed. Bumping it from 1333 to 1600 is going to loosen the timings and it's not worth the ~200 mhz bump it wont affect performance at all.
 
Alright, thanks so much you two. ^_^

I have one additional question. I also upgraded my OS to Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. I'm so used to using XP..How do I go directly to the task manager whenever I press CTRL ALT DEL?
 
Alright, thanks so much you two. ^_^

I have one additional question. I also upgraded my OS to Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. I'm so used to using XP..How do I go directly to the task manager whenever I press CTRL ALT DEL?
CTRL+Shift+ESC
 

Latest posts

Back
Top