Bitcoin guide back up for testing.

I get 270 MH/s on the 6870, overclocked a bit.

the 6950 gets about 320 at the slight overclock i have
 
Just checked it out and I've got the GUIminer up and running now. A few things.

1. Damn, you need some proof-reading, son. "You" is not a possessive pronoun among other things.
2. Is this like folding in that it only uses idle clocks? That way if I run a game I don't have to do anything special to get it to cooperate?
3. Which pool are you guys using?
 
Just checked it out and I've got the GUIminer up and running now. A few things.

1. Damn, you need some proof-reading, son. "You" is not a possessive pronoun among other things.
2. Is this like folding in that it only uses idle clocks? That way if I run a game I don't have to do anything special to get it to cooperate?
3. Which pool are you guys using?

1. lol grammar is not my strong point..... If you wanna proof read and correct, i can get you an editor account

2. It should engage 3D clocks. Mine does (runs at 900MHz) If it doesn't try to force it by overclocking a bit. Usually once you get past a certain number, it will just stay there all the time. Alternitively, you can disable powerplay in CCC

3. BTCmine
 
1. Nah, make pho do it. :P

2. I meant if I start running a game, will it interfere with each other or do I need to turn off the miner?

4. All my BTC so far seems to be "unconfirmed" or "estimated", when does that change to "confirmed"?
 
1. he is lazier than I, i mean, how bad is it? It is understandable for the most part i think.

2. I usually turn it off anyways since it isn't perfect at throttling.

3. no idea.
 
1. Understandable, yes. Professional, no.
2. Fair enough.
3. =/ well I just started today so we'll see what happens. ~400MHash/s. Sounds like a new rig soon ;).
 
only 400?

seems kinda low considering 1 6870 is getting me almost 300 alone
 
No overclocks at all right now. Each one is pulling 180-190MHash/s. I would overclock except I've really gotta get better case airflow through my case-exhausting heatsinks. I'm about to just buy a yate and strap it in mid-case except stupid frozencpu has $10 shipping on a single fan. Not about to pay $20 for a single yate.

Also, it seems like the amount of BTC I'm actually getting is negligible. I don't know how pho is pulling 10BTC a week and I've gotten .2 in the last 24 hours.
 
I'm pulling 10 a week? Damn son, I wish.

e. I just read through the thread. I don't think I ever got 10BTC a week. But hey, that's cool with me. I think I meant every 2 weeks. -Shrug-
 
So how are you managing your bitcoins since CoinCard is down? Dwolla worth using or are you sticking to the BTCMarket?
 
dwolla=best since it allows for direct bank deposit with low fees ($.25)

Also, my 5870 got cancelled, but I did find a 5970 that i am trading my 6950+$150 for.

so basically a $400 5970 :wheee:
 
Back
Top