Hellgate Resurrection now available to download

IDigitalDeadI

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,316
You heard it here first! Hellgate Resurrection is now downloadable from here:
http://hellgate.t3fun.com/home/home.aspx
An important note however for the slower internet connections out there: Do not stop the download! The download client stays in front of other windows, so download it all at once! If you get frustrated like me and close the window, you'll have to download it all again :(.

Besides that, the game is fun and reminds me of diablo, only in 3rd person instead of having an isometric view. It uses instanced areas like Guild Wars, so GW players will be comfortable here. This thread is to talk about the game, likes/dislikes etc. Hope to see some of you guys ingame! :)
 
My room mate was discouraged when this game's online functionality went down. He was very happy when he found out it was going back up. I might check it out!
 
Yyyyyes it's finally out! Loved this game when it was out before.
Besides that, the game is fun and reminds me of diablo, only in 3rd person instead of having an isometric view.
I used first person. I was an engineer, had guns and stuff. So I needed mah first person camera.
 
Hey, wasnt there an online fee to play this game? I believe that was the main reason I chose not to get the original. Someone please correct me if im wrong tho.
 
Hey, wasnt there an online fee to play this game? I believe that was the main reason I chose not to get the original. Someone please correct me if im wrong tho.

Its free to play now, which seems to be the trend with dead MMO's lately :lol:
 
Hey, wasnt there an online fee to play this game? I believe that was the main reason I chose not to get the original. Someone please correct me if im wrong tho.

It never had an online fee, but there was a subscription service that gave small benefits. But you still had to buy the game.
This is the second time I heard that said on these forums now. Was that just you twice?
 
Loved HG:L was very impressed with the HG:G CBT. Really looking forward to OBT. Anyone know when OBT is coming?

There's nothing like killing demons with a machine gun or even chopping them to bits with a sword!

I've never really played many F2P MMO's but this one certainly deserves a chance.
 
Hellgate:London was a game I really enjoyed. I was sad when it went offline. I will def play it if/when it comes back or whatever.
 
The game went open beta on June 30 at 7:30pm Eastern(The servers are on EST). From what I can tell and have read its not completely an F2P game. From what I have read(haven't gotten far enough to find out) you can play thru act2 for free and thats it. Then it will cost you $4 to unlock acts 3-5, Stonehenge, Abyss Chronicles and another expansion that was released in Korea while the game was away. Then when HG:T comes out you will have to pay for that. There wil also be fee's for things like a shared stash and boosts and such in game as well.(Shared stash is apparently turned off for now).

I loved HG:L when it was out and online. I even payed for a lifetime for not only myself but my wife and we both had collectors editions as well. I am very happy to see it back in any form and will be playing it as I really enjoyed it the first time around.
My first toon and probably my main is an evoker named Renkhar, look me up in game.

Oh and apparently from what I am reading even though its "open beta" they wont be wiping the servers for official launch. As someone on their forums stated, "Open beta for asian run mmo's means soft opening, and then launch is considered the grand opening".
 
I'm playing it and liking it.
Not liking the engrish though.
I'm a level 3 blademaster named Ranthus, waiting for my brother to catch up before playing any more.
 
seems that the CBT files don't want to work with the OBT, and I have to download it again :(. I won't download it for awhile, so big >_>.
 
So what's the game play like? Lock-on? Aiming? Magical ponies?
 
I work for a Chinese company with over 100,000 employees worldwide, 80% of which are Chinese. I'm fluent in Chenglish.

Well, I just went on a quest to kill a level 9 boss while I was level 3 without knowing. Nothing in the quest dialogue even mentioned a quest.
 
I bought the original hellgate, and i loved it to no end, sure i didnt play online or often but when i did i thought it was amazing. Some parts were annoying but it was still a very good game, to me it was quite original; what game now a days doesn't draw from a game from before?

Is this a free version of the game? If so i'll have to check it out.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top