Computer lag, and CSS lag...

Parkour12

Thread Thumper
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
1,100
So, whenever I open files on my computer, it kindve lags, and it freezes for a second, and goes back to what I clicked it to do. I deleted all my unnecessary programs, and I have pretty new graphics card.

Also, I get the lag on the CSS server, where it repeats sound and freezes the game (Ex: someone is talking in game and they say all T's, it would keep on repeating T's for 10-15sec.)
I wanna help my lag, and I also did the following above.

Please help!
 
Have you scanned for viruses and malware?

Are all of your drivers up to date?

How much free space does your Hard Drive have? (Start Menu -> Computer)

How much RAM do you have, and how much of it is being used idle? (Task Manager will tell you how much is being used under the performance tab. To find how much you have, go to start menu -> Right click "Computer" -> Properties.)

EDIT*: Just a heads up, Idle = no programs running other than background applications like your drivers, windows itself, and your anti-virus.
 
I have 17.5 GB left/74.5GB left in my hardrive. I also have 2046 MB of RAM left.I recently ran a full virus scan, and it detected nothing I need to be worried about. Should I only check my graphics card driver? My graphics driver is up to date. I only run steam, my graphics card, volume, and my antivirus program
 
Last edited:
Back
Top