No signal to monitor.. Help

v1ruz

Rookie
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
95
So i picked up a new video card today along with a new case. The card is a Gigabyte 560 TI. Anyways i installed everything in the new case along with the 560 sli'd with an 8800 I use as my physics card. Anyways, whenever I try to boot I receive a No Signal message on my monitor... Prior to the installation of this new card I had an EVGA 260, however it fried.. Does that mean my Mobo is fried? all my fans are spinning, I can provide any more information if necessary, thanks in advance

Motherboard is a Gigabyte p55A-ud4p
 
When there's no signal to the monitor, it points to a graphical interface issue. Layman's terms: Your graphics card isn't sending a signal to the monitor. Obviously, you need to investigate that cause: being a brand new video card, it's possible that it was DOA. If you have a different PC you can plug it into, or a friend's willing to try it out for ya, you can confirm if it's working or not. If it is, then yes, you got a motherboard issue, most likely, as you guessed, related to when your prior video card fried. If the new one is not working, well, send it back for a replacement as DOA.
 
Alright man ill give that a shot when I get home, much appreciated
 
You say you have an 8800?

Try booting without the 8800. If that's a no go then take out the new one and try the 8800 as your only card and see what it does.
 
On the note that your old video card fried, look for any capacitors on the mobo that seem different. Either the tops are beveled or they just dont look like the rest. This could be one of the causes. I'd also try and run it without the 8800, just to make sure that they arnt fighting with each other or something along those lines.

Make sure your video card is seated properly, and that the video cable is plugged in all the way. Even being a computer expert, one can still screw these simple things up.

Does your mobo beep at all when it tries to run POST? If so, reply with how many beeps. It would help us remedy your problem.

But if its running and nothings coming on the screen, it sounds like its defaulting to your 8800. So either try and plug your display wire into it and make your modifications or yank it out and setup your new video card so that you can run SLI.

Feel free to inbox me if you have more questions.
 
Back
Top