Important message about LulzSec

Raxious

Active Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
260
hey guys, I think that everybody heard about LulzSec these past few days, if not then here's what they do:

they are a group of hackers who started to hack companies to show that they had weak protection. These days, they say they do it for the Lulz of it, and also peform DDoS attacks on LoL, Minecraft, EvE Online, cia.gov etc.

Now they released a file with more then 62,000 emails with passwords included for people to try out. According to some of their retweets, people have been able to get money from paypal, buy stuff with their CC etc. As of now it's still not really clear where they got the accounts from, but your account might be one of em.

Thefor, Dazzlepod has put up a site where you can see if your email is there, with the first few keys of your pass. If you find yourself on this list, its strongly recommended to change your pass on everything.

http://dazzlepod.com/lulzsec/
 
Safe but all I ask is... why. For the "lulz" is borderline if no harm is done but releasing personal information being risked is completely unacceptable.
 
Safe but all I ask is... why. For the "lulz" is borderline if no harm is done but releasing personal information being risked is completely unacceptable.
They're a grey hat organization.
 
I'm safe thankfully. That said, I have KeePass generate password for almost everything so I am pretty safe...
 
Safe, but this is obviously extremely unacceptable. Hopefully people hear more about this and protect themselves if not already protected. Today, the last thing you need to lose is your identity.
 
it seems all of the accounts have been taken from a site called Writerspace.com
 
Back
Top