Counter-Strike: Source won't load/launch

zx_xmbie

Poster
Joined
Apr 11, 2011
Messages
209
I hope i can be able to play source once again.

The problem is, i click to open up counter-strike source, and steam gives me the "Preparing to launch Counter-Strike: Source....." box (via http://i55.tinypic.com/3493qtj.jpg)

Then about, after a good minute sometimes 2 minutes, depending on my computers speed, the box disappears as if it's about to load up, the mouse gets the hour glass beside it and, my steam friends says i'm "In-Game" and then immediately a few seconds later, the steam friends turns off that i'm no longer playing a game and the game hasn't even opened in the first place. (via http://i53.tinypic.com/2lswlrc.jpg)

I do the normal, typical every single minded thing to do and click the game icon again hoping it's just a bug, or the computing bugging out, after about 2 days of this and 2 days of stress and depression from stress from trying to fix this, i am reaching out for help. Before you start giving help and telling me what to do and diversing me to read all these link references or download all these programs, etc.. I have took action and attempt first, before coming on here for the help.

1) I did EVERYTHING the Steam-Powered Support page told me to do.
2) I updated my video cards driver
3) I did a disk defragmenter for my computer
4) I deleted pictures, music albums, songs & movies and extra crap that i don't really need that MAY be a problem
5) I updated Adobe Flash Player, Div X, Javascript, all that internet stuff.
6) I ran through the start menu > Run... > then msconfig and did all the options steam powered told me to do
7) I virus scanned my pc & completely cleaned it all out
8) I Deleted and re installed Counter-Strike Source
9) I went through Steam > Library > right click counter-strike source > click properties > click the local files tab > i myself, defragged the cache & verified integrity of game cache (verifies and approves all your source / steam files).
10) I deleted my ClientRegistry.blob file, i seen somewhere on the net, that deleting that regularly keeps the bugs and errors off your games.

and now 11) Here i am........ STRESSED OUT and completely MAD and DEPRESSED. :/ Ohhhh and when i load up my computer i get these 2 error messages that says they couldn't find the file of something and that re downloading it, MAY solve the problem? i can re boot my pc and get screen shots if you wish to see the errors.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hello, JamesWo8.

We'll need a little bit more information to strengthen our hypothesis.

1) What operating system do you have? Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
2) What version of the operating system do you have? Max OSX 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Kubuntu, etc.
3) What architecture do you use? 32-bit or 64-bit?

The sooner you respond, the sooner we'll be able to help you with your problem.
 
Right click Counter-Strike: Source in your steam game library, go to properties, local files, and clikc verify integrity of game cache. It might do something. That's all I can really think of though. Give Ric the information he asked for, he may be able to elaborate on the problem if the previous suggestion does not fix the problem.

EDIT: Err, just noticed you already did this, disregard the post. ;)
 
Last edited:
post a screenshot of the error messages that seems it could be your css problem
 
Hello, JamesWo8.

We'll need a little bit more information to strengthen our hypothesis.

1) What operating system do you have? Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
2) What version of the operating system do you have? Max OSX 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Kubuntu, etc.
3) What architecture do you use? 32-bit or 64-bit?

The sooner you respond, the sooner we'll be able to help you with your problem.

1) Windows
2) Windows XP (Professional)
3) I don't know how to tell, sorry :X
 
I still don't know how to tell what bit i am running on.
But, here are the 2 messages that pop up whenever my computer starts up..

FIXED: http://i52.tinypic.com/ao051x.jpg
PROBLEM: http://i51.tinypic.com/2d2jgol.jpg

* The problem link, that pop up says vVX3000.exe or whatever, and i am missing a oledlg.dll file, and it tells me by re installing the program may fix the problem. The pain in the rear side to this is, i did research of what the vVX3000.exe file would be, it's a component file to the Microsoft LifeCam Webcams. I had one a few years back, don't even own a webcam anymore up to today. But, i am unable to find what oledlg.dll file was or is, but the research says not to download the file off websites to get it back, that i should use file recovery programs, i tried doing a "Recuva" program from Piriform and that never found the missing file.

At this state and at this point, would it be best to just run a system restore? or would that not help?
 
the one thing that I dont see is if you have tried to run it windowed instead of full screen and vise versa.
 
Back
Top