Microphone not working :(

Parkour12

Thread Thumper
Joined
Nov 21, 2010
Messages
1,100
So, recently, I reinstalled and installed my graphics drivers 3-4 times, trying to fix this mic problem. I dont know what happened but my mic isnt working. I am using HDMI connection btw, so audio comes through my speakers.

Ive tried going into the control center, nothing does.

I try changing the sound, dosnt help

I even untangle the cords. Dosnt help

My freind Wolen tried to help me out, but he coudnt do anything. Please help!

Also, im using a Turtle Beach X11 Microphone.
 
Last edited:
I'm a little confused....

You tried installing graphic drivers to fix a microphone problem?....
 
I'm a little confused....

You tried installing graphic drivers to fix a microphone problem?....

Basically, I run HDMI connection from my monitor to computer. The HDMI allows output to go to the monitor, since the monitor has built in speakers.
 
So, recently, I reinstalled and installed my graphics drivers 3-4 times, trying to fix this mic problem. I dont know what happened but my mic isnt working. I am using HDMI connection btw, so audio comes through my speakers.

Ive tried going into the control center, nothing does.

I try changing the sound, dosnt help

I even untangle the cords. Dosnt help

My freind Wolen tried to help me out, but he coudnt do anything. Please help!

Also, im using a Turtle Beach X11 Microphone.

Your output shouldnt affect your mic so if you are getting sound through your speakers then the issue is not with the graphics card or HDMI.....My questions for you are:

is your Mic 3" Jack or USB?

Do you have the proper sound drivers installed (sound card for 3" jack or Turtle beach mic for USB)?

You say you went into the control panel... What does it say is your default device for recording (what it says depends on whether your mic is USB or 3" jack)?
 
Back
Top