I'm stumped.

Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
517
Ok, so before I say anything I'm going to give my specs.

AMD Phenom II x2 550(water cooled)

Gigabyte MA790x-UD4P

8GB(2GB sticks) of G Skill DDR2-1066.

Two 2TB hard drives

Nvidia GTX260

600W power supply

Nothing is overclocked and the Processor is not unlocked.

Now when I play any 3D game, I crash. It locks up and makes a "farting" sound. Now I've updated all the drivers for the GPU and the motherboard chipset, the sound drivers, everything. Still crashes. I've tried other games, everything from Mass Effect to Splinter Cell to League of Legends, Even Minecraft crashes. But I wont crash at Idle(IE surfing the web, talking in vent ect.) I can't figure out whats wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
your video drivers might be corrupted. try uninstalling all gpu-related drivers in safe mode, then restart and make a clean installation of the latest, or last stable drivers. you could also try reseating your RAM.

-Blue
 
Back
Top