Unable to load filesystem_steam.dll

f411enangel

I made one post
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
6
For some reason I randomly got this error when I tired to join a server.

Unable to load c:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\day of defeat source\bin\filesystem_steam.dll



Does anyone have ANY idea what that means or how to fix it? :(

Thx. =(e)=?F411enangel


Happy to be a member. Love the community. <3
 
I had this issue a few days ago with tf2.

This is what I did to solve the issue:

  1. Verify my game cache
  2. Delete my team fortress 2 folder (or in your case your dod:s folder)
  3. Launch the game

I also found these instructions on the steam website that may be causing the problem.

  1. Navigate to your Windows folder (default: C:\Windows)
  2. Right click the Windows folder and select Search
  3. Search for any files named "filesystem_steam.dll" or "steam.dll"
  4. Delete or rename these files.
 
Sounds like an important file is corrupt/missing. If both options sushiflinger posted don't work (which they should), a complete reinstall should do it.
 
Ya I just figured it out. The games cache refresher was what fixed it for me. Its funny because I seriously just tripped across the verify games cache and I remembered that this had happened a few years ago as well lol Its been so long since Ive had to do it I almost forgot it ever happened lol

Well Thank you so much for the post. Now people online will be able to fix this problem because there are ALOT of people out there that just dont know how to fix it.

Thx, Nick.

p.s. I raid sushi bars.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top