Lol, two eGOs who don't read the rules. (jail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheep

I made one post
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
22
Got freekilled for cellhopping, warden never stated you couldn't.
Went to complain in admin chat, here is the response i get:

snip --iamevilbear removed this


In case any other eGOs have't read the rules in long as

31332570.jpg


I find this kinda funny, i find it kinda sad. lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ive noticed the same thing... i hope this gets settled i hate getting free killed for cellhopping when warden never said no cell hopping
 
most of the more newest jail rules aren't added to the Jail rule book, I believe.

Also, why don't you just forget that someone freekilled you, you will get another chance next round :).

CT's and Warden's make mistakes man, also did you read this part?

There are instances where you will find yourself killed without having committed a crime to make yourself wanted. It is inevitable that a guard will make a mistake, such accidental killings are unavoidable. If this happens to you--remain calm and understand that you are playing a video game and will have an opportunity to play again next round. There are always admins playing on the Jail Server, and they will carefully monitor kills to ensure that unjust slayings are kept to a minimum. Do not complain if you are accidentally killed, you exacerbate the situation beyond its triviality and such poor sportsmanship can lead to disciplinary action. If you feel that a guard has deliberately and blatantly eliminated you without reason, you can bring this to the attention of the admins by mentioning it once in admin chat. Further complaining or public griping will be treated as spam. The admins are trained to differentiate between griefing and accidents, trust their judgment.

if the admins see excessive freekilling, they will either be revoked, warned,kicked,or banned depending on the situation
 
Last edited:
No detouring is pretty much no cell hopping. They are telling you to do something, you shouldn't be running around to do so.

In the future: a concern regarding an admins ruling should probably go in the drop box forum.
 
I can never imagine a warden saying "outside of a cell", but rather I always hear "outside of your cell", e.g. "shift walk out backwards and be knifing distance of your cell". Hence the "your" means no cell-hopping. If he did say "a cell" then you can cell-hop.
 
Last edited:
I have to put in my two cents on this issue because it's never been covered. I'll go all jail nerdtastic on this issue. Yes I'm nitpicking but that's because it's never been defined, and no, it has never been 100% cell hopping is implied.

There's a difference between the two orders:
1. Knifing distance of your cells
2. Knifing distance of the cells

The first basically gives no room to cell hop. The other simply implies that I be knifing distance of the cells by a certain time if given. It's not a detour if I'm given the option to choose which cell I am knifing distance of as long as I am in compliance with the other orders (shift walking, backwards, etc).

I do these things because it offers an advantage in positioning and I wish I had more videos of successful rebels because of it. I'm not trying to throw rocks at the hornets nest but I do wish to present the other side of this issue because it's the same way I've been telling others with regards to "no cell-hopping"
 
I have to put in my two cents on this issue because it's never been covered. I'll go all jail nerdtastic on this issue. Yes I'm nitpicking but that's because it's never been defined, and no, it has never been 100% cell hopping is implied.

There's a difference between the two orders:
1. Knifing distance of your cells
2. Knifing distance of the cells

The first basically gives no room to cell hop. The other simply implies that I be knifing distance of the cells by a certain time if given. It's not a detour if I'm given the option to choose which cell I am knifing distance of as long as I am in compliance with the other orders (shift walking, backwards, etc).

I do these things because it offers an advantage in positioning and I wish I had more videos of successful rebels because of it. I'm not trying to throw rocks at the hornets nest but I do wish to present the other side of this issue because it's the same way I've been telling others with regards to "no cell-hopping"

Super agreed.
 
I think I was warden when you cellhop, and I do remember saying your cell.
 
I have to put in my two cents on this issue because it's never been covered. I'll go all jail nerdtastic on this issue. Yes I'm nitpicking but that's because it's never been defined, and no, it has never been 100% cell hopping is implied.

There's a difference between the two orders:
1. Knifing distance of your cells
2. Knifing distance of the cells

The first basically gives no room to cell hop. The other simply implies that I be knifing distance of the cells by a certain time if given. It's not a detour if I'm given the option to choose which cell I am knifing distance of as long as I am in compliance with the other orders (shift walking, backwards, etc).

I do these things because it offers an advantage in positioning and I wish I had more videos of successful rebels because of it. I'm not trying to throw rocks at the hornets nest but I do wish to present the other side of this issue because it's the same way I've been telling others with regards to "no cell-hopping"

this


if they say "the cells" it implies all cells so you have the choice of being within knifing distance of any of them by the time given


also i really hate CTs that freekill you on maps like yoncan and stuff for being on top of the railing when they say "knifing distance" those are the cts that are totally just playing to say "hey look at my score". i could understand if they asked you to knife your cells and you couldnt, but most just shoot and claim you werent knifng distance
 
Last edited:
You made a decision to push the CT's to think you're rebelling. If you didn't, you'd stay in front of your own cell.

That decision comes with risks.

Sometimes those risks pay off. Sometimes they don't.

Deal with that, rather than attempt to paint our admins as purposeful rule-breakers as you obviously are trying to do this in thread.
 
Well, who do you believe, the two admins saying that "No Cell hopping is 100% implied" or the rules that don't say anything about cell hopping? The rules need to be re-written or updated, and the admins should not tell people rules that don't exist. This is a constant problem in the jail server, the rules say one thing, and the admins say another. It's not all admins, some try to work with the players, but others either make up their own rules, or have ignorance of the actual rules. Another problem is one admin will say one thing and another one will say the exact opposite.

Basically the rules need to be standardized between all the admins, and the rule book, so people don't pick and choose what rules to enforce and to practice.


-Oprah.
 
Last edited:
Disagree, even if they say "your" cell, there is still an option for terrorists to legally cell hop, as "no cell hopping" isn't implied according to ego.

The rules don't explicitly state it (No detouring is a bad reason to use because t's will always be knifing distance of cells, thus following the orders) and evil bear commented on the thread i made in dropbox:


Sheep you are absolutely 100% correct. No cell-hopping is not an implied rule. I actually heard about this issue a few seconds ago as a few admins were asking me about it.

I have talked to Smiley in ventrilo and will be dispatching a message to artinz via the forums.

bear
 
Disagree, even if they say "your" cell, there is still an option for terrorists to legally cell hop, as "no cell hopping" isn't implied according to ego.

It isn't a 'legal' option for you to cell-hop when the warden states "your cell". Hence the "YOUR" means YOUR OWN cell, not outside someone elses. Thus meaning you can be freely-killed should you cell-hop when "your" is in orders :P
 
I don't think the point of this thread is about the actual rule in question was broken or exists or not, I think it's more of whether certain admins are enforcing rules that do or don't exist.
 
Last edited:
ive been kicked before by an admin for "abusive to admins" because i stated the rulebook to him after he freekilled me three times for the same offence

when i came back into the server i asked how i was being abusive

he said "im the admin, i enforce the rules"

apparently "the rules" hes enforcing are his own


i wont name any names as this happened a few monthes ago but hopefully that person reads this thread and enforces actual rules
 
^^^^
Okay, so I'm not going to finish this post off anymore. It's turned into admin bashing and this thread is going to be locked. Thanks for your "helpful" response.

I don't think the point of this thread is about the actual rule in question was broken or exists or not, I think it's more of whether certain admins are enforcing admins that do or don't exist.

It's a bit of both. There are two issues in my mind which comes as a result of playing jail way too much. I'm going to get some flak for saying this but:
ry but it comes with the nature of being an admin on eGO.

1) Jail is complex, not all admins will know 100% of the rules (I still learn things on a regular occasion) and we do make mistakes.

If we do make a mistakes and you point them out and they respond differently, STOP, don't get angry or say "OMG ADMIN DUMB" because that is the shortest way to a ban. It's similar to trying to punch the cop in the face for illegally arresting you. Take it to a leadership member who will then speak to admin on your behalf (assuming the rules you are quoting are correct).

2) With regards to iEye's post. Please don't
 
It isn't a 'legal' option for you to cell-hop when the warden states "your cell". Hence the "YOUR" means YOUR OWN cell, not outside someone elses. Thus meaning you can be freely-killed should you cell-hop when "your" is in orders :P

You can go to your cell, while you can cell hop, because there is no rule against cell hopping. See the difference?

As far as the other recent posts, the admins do get away with alot of rule manipulation, but as long as we are mature here (which we have been, without bashing, flaming, targeting, etc.), there should be no problem in putting the light on them.
 
Last edited:
^^^^
Okay, so I'm not going to finish this post off anymore. It's turned into admin bashing and this thread is going to be locked. Thanks for your "helpful" response.

excuse me i wasnt trying to admin bash

and i never said anything along the lines of "youre dumb", just told him that he was enforcing rules that werent there and linked him to the rulebook

next thing i knew i was kicked

i just find it a bit frustrating when it seems that the rulebook gets changed every few monthes (i understand its necessary) and there are admins who know its changed but enforce rules off the old book, even after being told that its not in the rules anymore
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top