demo playback error!

shan^K

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
675
For some reason I can play the demos that I have recorded. I get two errors when I try to run them. <The program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer.> Then I get this error. <Setup file "gameinfo.txt" doesn't exist in subdirectory "hl2." Check your -game parameter or CVONFIG setting.> Anybody that has encountered this before or knows a fix for it, please be so kind as to reply. Much appreciated <3
 
Verify the integrity of the game the demo is under.
ie; If it's Counter-Strike: Source, go into STEAM, right click "Verify integrity."
Wait for it to complete, this should re download the files you're missing.
 
What game are you trying to review .dems on?
How do you attempt to view the .dems?

Do you load Counter-Strike: Source, hit Shift+F2, click "Load", seek it and click on it, and hit play or do you use console to view your .dems?
 
Last edited:
I did a search for this (binkw32.dll) on my steam folder. I came up with 6 instances of this. However, there wasnt any for CS:S or DOD:S

what game are you trying to run a demo on?
 
Nvm I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to run it from the cs folder instead of through console, thanks for the help.
 
Nvm I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to run it from the cs folder instead of through console, thanks for the help.

I strike again!
Okay, come back to us for future problems.
 
Back
Top