I got this old Dell Dimension 9150

Banksy

Active Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
267
Hey guys.. I have this pretty old Dell Dimension 9150 lying around and I don't use it.

I was wondering if it was worth the time pulling out it's parts and putting it into my own 2010 custom build PC.

My Specs:


AMD PHENOM II x4 955, 4x3.2GHZ
- MSI 770-G45
- AMD HD 5750
- 500GB SATAII WD HARDDISK, 7200RPM
- 4GB 1333MHZ DDR3, KINGSTON RAM
- 24X DUALLAYER DVDBR?NDER
- 650W STR?MFORSYNING, ST?JSVAG, HIGH-END
- 8 CHANNELS SOUNDCARD, SURROUND SOUND
- ORIGINAL AMD CPUCOOLER

Dell Dimension 9150 Specs:

http://www.dealtime.com/Dell-Dell-Dimension-5190-Desktop-Computer-for-Business/info?tab=specs
 
Last edited:
EDIT: I was all DERPMODE and misread your rig's specs as what was in the Dimension. It's hard to tell just by the service manual without knowing what specific components are in it, unless I'm reading it wrong. Which is entirely possible.
 
I changed the link :)

You were right it was quite hard to understand
it as it didn't tell my computers specefic specs :)
 
The fans are always helpful and you may get some use out of the HDD and DVD drive. Best of luck with it.
 
Ow wow.. I just burned down 2 perfectly good
peices of ram..(1GB)

Luckily it was the ones from the Dell and not my custom build :D
Guess they didn't fit in my comp or elsewise i did it wrong :s
 
The ram from the dell is DDR2, the ram from your new build is DDR3; they are not cross-compatible. Be glad the ram is the only thing that got taken out.
 
The ram from the dell is DDR2, the ram from your new build is DDR3; they are not cross-compatible. Be glad the ram is the only thing that got taken out.

It seems like my computer is running faster ever since the incident
 
ahaha i would beware with that.. i was just lucky it was only the RAM that was smelling burnt :scared:
 
Back
Top