No =(e)= tag in TF2

oey192

I blame Valve
=(eGO)=
Joined
May 2, 2011
Messages
3,907
Just started playing TF2, and now that I've finally linked my steam and eGO accounts, I'm wondering why eGO's TF2 servers keep spitting messages at me telling me to join eGO (it should be obvious by this post that I already am). I also do not have an =(e)= tag next to my name in chat when on eGO's TF2 servers (or on the TF2 stats section of the eGO site).

Anyway, it keeps telling me to talk to an =(e)=, =(eG)=, or =(eGO)=, and when I ask questions in game, no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Is this a tech issue or do I really need to go to a higher rank (in the TF2 section of the forum [obviously]) and ask them to give me my e in TF2 (I already have one in Minecraft and here on the forums).

Thanks,
oey192
 
I'm pretty sure those messages appear for everyone, though I'm not sure.

As for your name, you must be new to Steam. To change your ingame name, you need to change your Steam name. Go to Settings, Friends, and add in the tag there. You can supposedly type the TM in with some fancy keyboard work, but I can't do it, so I just copy+paste. Find someone on your friends list with the tag. Or right here, =(e)=™ . Just throw that in front of your name and you should be good. Hope this helps. :)

Ps. No its not a tech issue, its just Steam.
 
Lol, this is actually kinda funny ^^

Everyone gets those messages.
And for the tag: Go to shift+tab (or Page Down [PgDn]) then right click your picture, change name name and put: =(e)=™ oey912
 
Good to know.

Yes, I'm new to Steam, but I was able to update my display name. Thanks!

And yes, it is possible to write the ? character with the keyboard, but I only know how to do it on Mac. (I think it's fairly obscure on Windows).

Thanks again!
oey192
 
It's Alt+0153 by the way!
™

As people have said before, the message appears for everyone. The more the merrier right? :)
 
umm sorry this is funny but i understand this is ur first time yes those r recruitment statments they apper on all eGO Source base servers
 

Latest posts

Back
Top