Getting back to back BSoD

snakeeater11112

I made one post
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
11
Hey whats up EdgeGamers forums! Well I got a blue screen error last year around November for memory management, but I easily cleared that up and thought I was safe. But surely enough the BSoD came around and in troughs. If I am correct here were the BSoD erros messages I received back to back a couple days ago; Memory Management (again :/), page fault in nonpaged area, and also Reference by Pointer. But I started to get all these when I installed the Witcher 2, which made me kind of frustrated. I have not overclocked my CPU,GPU, or any other hardware components. I also may think it may be the weather, it is getting very hot in Kansas, 100 degrees F and my pc is in nowhere near an air conditioner and really I cant move it anywhere. Could someone please help me solve these error's, could it be the Witcher 2, heat, or maybe another hardware error? Thanks a lot guys

Here are my computer specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor @2.81GHz
Mobo: Asus M4A78T-E
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
HDD: Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB
RAM:Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 8GM DDR3 @1600MHz

Sorry if I missed anything for you guys to help, please tell me. Thanks again
 
What we need from you is the error code. When the BSoD is up there will be a section titled "Stop Code:" followed by a hex number (0x00000000 format), and perhaps a file name and some other hex codes. If you could write down what the stop code is and share that with us, we'll be able to start helping you (memory management helps, but without knowing the specific error code I can't help but for broad suggestions).

Though, since you're talking about having the same problem this time last year, and its summer, make sure your PC is clean of dust and debris. Might just be an overheating issue.

Oh, and turn OFF ubersampling. If you have it on, its a meltfest. Run coretemp or realtemp or something similar to get an idea of whether or not overheating can be to blame.
 
Last edited:
What we need from you is the error code. When the BSoD is up there will be a section titled "Stop Code:" followed by a hex number (0x00000000 format), and perhaps a file name and some other hex codes. If you could write down what the stop code is and share that with us, we'll be able to start helping you (memory management helps, but without knowing the specific error code I can't help but for broad suggestions).

Though, since you're talking about having the same problem this time last year, and its summer, make sure your PC is clean of dust and debris. Might just be an overheating issue.

Oh, and turn OFF ubersampling. If you have it on, its a meltfest. Run coretemp or realtemp or something similar to get an idea of whether or not overheating can be to blame.

Dang, how could find them again lol? Are they the same as if anyone else who has the same OS? That could be an issue, thanks a lot. Ohh and yeah i did, cant even get over 30fps with that on. Thanks a lot
 
Next time you get a BSoD just write them down. They help -alot- in pointing you in the right direction (hell depending on the stop code it can even tell you the exact problem cause). Without them, its like telling your mechanic your car is broke. With them, its saying that you ran it without oil (100% guaranteed burst headgasket or worse), or that it makes a clicking noise when you attempt to turn it over.
 
Next time you get a BSoD just write them down. They help -alot- in pointing you in the right direction (hell depending on the stop code it can even tell you the exact problem cause). Without them, its like telling your mechanic your car is broke. With them, its saying that you ran it without oil (100% guaranteed burst headgasket or worse), or that it makes a clicking noise when you attempt to turn it over.

Wlel I just had another today,its getting really frustrating right now. Idk why it keeps happening. How do i upload minidump files, i can give you those if they help.
 
it is quite possible that your HDD is failing/ has bad sectors and will cause a BSOD for delayed_write_failure.

I just had a like scenario and it was a faulty HDD that was running virtual memory. I moved virtual memory to another disk, disabled the bad HDD and voila... no more issues.

Install and run this:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

and then post the results... BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top