Gateway desktop SX2800 mouse completley Gone. Help!!!

Shaneme2

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
253
Disregard this. The unknown device was unistalled, and now his mouse is working.

Thanks for all who tried to help.
 
Last edited:
He didnt tell me what brand the new mouse is, but the other mouse is stock to the computer.

The odd thing is that he bought this computer new a year ago, and it still has a PS2 mouse and Keyboard port, in addition to 5-6 USB ports in the back. I dont know if that has anything to do with it, but his mouse has worked up until a day ago, so I doubt it.

It is just odd that a new computer would have a PS2 port.
 
I agree with Cakeman... go into BIOS and make sure the USB ports are set correctly.... ie: USB 2.0 . Most USB mouse wont work in USB 1.0/1.1 . It is a plug-n-play device.

edit: If I recall correctly, Gateway uses Intel boards .... most Intel boards still have PS2 ports.
 
Last edited:
Silent my level of expertise is quite low. The suggestions I gave him were entry level, such as system restore, blowing on the ports, etc.

I wouldnt know how to advise him to "Go into bios and check the ports" Also, once he got there I wouldnt know where to tell him to look. Could you possibly tell me the step by step instructions for it, or tell him if you have him on steam? He is away at the moment, but shall be back shortly.


If you could give me the instructions, I am certain I could do it.
 
Is it "SMBIOS"?

Under "System Information"?

On mine, I got to System Info and can see all the specs. It says my SMBIOS is 2.6


Is that spart needs to look at to see if it is at 2.0 or higher?
 
Back
Top