Over the weekends I got an unwanted leech on my router, who decided to (illegally) download a bunch of movies. A total of 10Gigs downloaded (about 5 movies), Not alot, but enough to get Comcast on my *** about it. I've blocked the MAC address (00:11:22:33:44:55.. yadayada) and it worked for a bit, now they are back...
Wireless disabled
Firewall blocks all incoming and outgoing traffic, except my own
All MAC and IP address restricted except my own
26 character long alpha-numerical password
Router is a Linksys WRT54G (I have it running through a switch, if it makes a difference)
:facewall:
:cursing:
EDIT:
Ok, Figured it out (I think). Router kept resetting WAP2 algorithms to none instead of keeping them at TKPI+AES. Reset the router and setting are keeping. Lets see what happens.
Wireless disabled
Firewall blocks all incoming and outgoing traffic, except my own
All MAC and IP address restricted except my own
26 character long alpha-numerical password
Router is a Linksys WRT54G (I have it running through a switch, if it makes a difference)
:facewall:
:cursing:
EDIT:
Ok, Figured it out (I think). Router kept resetting WAP2 algorithms to none instead of keeping them at TKPI+AES. Reset the router and setting are keeping. Lets see what happens.
Last edited:











