Connection Issue

iMpactX

Active Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
387
Ok, so recently I noticed that when the phone rings, we all loose connection to the internet for the duration of that phone call. I figured out that it was a problem with the frequency setting between the phone, and the modem, so that was sorted out. But I still have an issue. This issue was going on even before I fixed the frequency of the wireless modem. I would be playing CS:S, usually jail, and I will randomly disconnect. I will get the red warning in the top right hand corner of my screen, and it starts to count down from 25 until I auto-disconnect. Every time I re-connect between 5-6 before I auto-disconnect. I also have some points of high lag, which may just be a smaller version of what is happening already. Does anyone know what may be happening with my internet connection? This may be completely unrelated, but sometimes I get a huge wave of error messages in my console while in jail, which causes major lag until messages stop spamming. I was told this could be a problem with the map itself, and it may not be me. Is there anything I could do? Does anyone have a diagnosis? Thanks in advance!
 
Do you use DSL?

Also, what happens when you go wired? A wireless connection can have stability issues.
 
I havnt tried going wired. I run off of an alienware laptop. I have att, and I use the 2wire modem.
 
I will have to find a place to plug my laptop up. The modem is in a very awkward place, so I never did plug it up. We think the frequency of my phone was at 2412 MHz, so we changed our modems to the farthest from that. I believe it was 2462 MHz. I do belive I use DSL. I'm not sure though. Don't most people? The make of the phone is UNIDEN. For the model, I'm not sure. Any ideas?
 
I will have to find a place to plug my laptop up. The modem is in a very awkward place, so I never did plug it up. We think the frequency of my phone was at 2412 MHz, so we changed our modems to the farthest from that. I believe it was 2462 MHz. I do belive I use DSL. I'm not sure though. Don't most people? The make of the phone is UNIDEN. For the model, I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Your phone's frequency is in the 2.4 GHz range, just as the modem/router is.
The phone will cause an interference unless your modem/router can use a
frequency outside 2.4 GHz.

I suggest you invest in a DECT 6.0 enabled cordless phone system.

Here's a list of DECT 6.0 phones from AT&T.

We (my family) chose [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-DECT1588-2-Cordless-Answering-Handsets/dp/B001S0LUEG"]this phone setup[/ame] from Uniden because of the
corded phone base.
Why corded? Well if we ever lose power (like we do every week), the phone
still works (unlike cordless).


What does DECT mean?
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications

Pretty much a phone system operating at the untouched 1.9 GHz frequency.
 
Last edited:
I solved the problem with the phone. At least I think I did. I chagned the frequency my modem puts out, so that it differs from the phone. Is the connection problem still coming back to the phone? The phone can ring, and I wont lose connection. I usually just lose connection randomly.
 
Ok, I've hardwired to the modem, and everything goes smoothly. I've also gone wireless, while sitting right next to the modem, and no problems. Maybe the signal just isnt strong enough to give me a good connection. My laptop is in the opposite corner of the house than the modem. I've set the modem power setting all the way up, but I still cant get it to work in my room. I don't have a place to play with my laptop downstairs, unless I set up against the couch, which isnt very comfortable. I dont know what else to do.
 
Back
Top