TF2 Crashes

Cyclone

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
3,769
Hey guys. So, I was changing around my DirectX level settings, and I saw(using the dixdiag tool) that mine was 10. But on TF2, it said that it was 9. I used the "Set Launch Options" tool and made it "-dxlevel 90" which means DirectX Level = 90. Everything worked out just fine! But when I turned off the game to grab food, something went wrong. I went into a game, and there were all these graphical glitches. A weird pattern for the "Welcome" page, the team selector and view models and stuff. This is just like what happened to me in CS:S. In CS:S, someone told me to do -dxlevel 80 in the Set Launch Options menu, and it worked. So I tried that, but now it keeps crashing! I join a server, I click Continue after the welcome screen and "hl2.exe has stopped responding." But it got worse a couple minutes after, when I received a new item, I click the little eye button, and TF2 crashes. Any tips??

EDIT: Also, If I try to open up ANY class layout, the game crashes too. GRRRRRRRRR!!!

UPDATE: I tried using -dxlevel 100 (DirectX Level 10) and it worked.

Once I selected my class though, I crashed.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top