How to Maximize Steam Download Speed?

Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
69
Hey guys, I have an important question that I need a good answer to. Normally, my steam downloads get up to 2Mbps, but right now, I'm only getting 300-500kbps. Is there any way that I can max this out easily?

Change router settings, etc?
 
You can always try changing your download location to somewhere with less traffic.
Also, I set my settings to Cable/Fiber >10M, and that seems to help my download speed a bit. It also could be going slower depending on the time of day it is, and whether or not Steam has a popular deal, which increases download traffic.

(Though I'm sure someone has a better fix than me :P)
 
Ahh ok :) Thanks for the help. Do you have any location suggestions? I've changed my settings to Cable/Fiber >10M.
 
Close steam. Go to C>Program Files>Steam then delete ClientRegistry.blob Then restart steam

It's not your internet it's just all the traffic from tf2 downloads.
 
well it could also depend on what your downloading, i had to re install css a while back (although a popular game not many people are buying/downloading at a time) it downloaded rather quickly but i predownloaded dragon age back when it first released took almost 2 wholes days due to the mass amount of people downloading it at a time (not to mention the 15gb size either) but yeah traffic has alot to do with it
 
Moved this to Tech Help, as the question is more appropriate for that forum.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone.
 
Downloading at hours that people won;t usually be running steam at for your area will often boost speed.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top