Google+

Mike?

Active Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
344
I was recently invited to Google+ thanks to a fellow eGO member. Has anyone else joined or looked into Google's new social network? If so, what do you think of it? Is it a threat to Facebook? Pros/Cons, ect.

https://plus.google.com/

I do like the simplicity of the layout, definitely not bloated. I could see Google+ being the social network for adults and professionals, kinda like a social Linkedin. I really hope this doesn't become the next Buzz disaster, I see potential. Your opinion?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnJ5Bl4kLI[/ame]
 
Last edited:
I was recently invited to Google+ thanks to a fellow eGO member. Has anyone else joined or looked into Google's new social network? If so, what do you think of it? Is it a threat to Facebook? Pros/Cons, ect.

I do like the simplicity of the layout, definitely not bloated. I could see Google+ being the social network for adults and professionals, kinda like the social Linkedin. I really hope this doesn't become the next Buzz disaster.

How does one get an invite to Google+?
I'd like to try it out myself.
 
How does one get an invite to Google+?
I'd like to try it out myself.

  1. Must have GMail.
  2. Find someone with a Google+ account. (someone you can trust, see below *)
  3. Ask them to send you an invite.
  4. Give them your @GMail username.
  5. Check your GMail
  6. (You should know what to do from there)

* I suggest doing this privately/vocally because of email harvesters who sign you up for all sorts of ads.
 
Google+ is looking good, still missing some basic stuff, but it looks good.
 
Says I'm not old enough, lol. Yet my friend who's younger than me got in just fine? :(
 
Personally facebook is so well established, and updates so frequently, (Unlike myspace, which made it fall behind) That google+ would need to start with an entirely different audience, as it just looks more complicated, less user friendly, and missing some basic stuff, all of those things facebook has.
 
Agreed. It is just in "field testing" as they like to call it I believe, but I am not impressed at all with it so far.
 
I got an invite, but it said it has hit capacity. "Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon."

When i'm in ill be glad to send anyone an invite.

Edit - I'm now in, pm me an email if you want to get invited in.
 
Last edited:
PM me your emails, I can give invites.

I love it so far. It's so simple, and the chat isn't as horribly broken as the Facebook chat. It needs a bigger user base, and probably some good advertisements to get noticed, and I don't think it's unreasonable for it to be a competitor to Facebook.

I really hope Facebook goes the way of Myspace.
 
PM me your emails, I can give invites.

I love it so far. It's so simple, and the chat isn't as horribly broken as the Facebook chat. It needs a bigger user base, and probably some good advertisements to get noticed, and I don't think it's unreasonable for it to be a competitor to Facebook.

I really hope Facebook goes the way of Myspace.

PM sent. Get me an invite asap ^^
 
It's really good. I can give invites out too, just post/pm me your email and I'll get it done.

Feel free to add me to the eGO circle you know you're going to make ;)

[ame]https://plus.google.com/104538224237236377915/posts[/ame]
 
I think that in the end Google+ will triumph. Personally I was not able to get in, but all the reviews I have heard have been great. Google was here before and i think they will be here after.
 
So far I'm liking Google+. Facebook feels like a family tracking tool? Google+ feels like a professional app. News badges are OK. A facebook friend asked if she could transfer her farm to Google+? capslock+no+return.

Google+Guide
 
I think that in the end Google+ will triumph. Personally I was not able to get in, but all the reviews I have heard have been great. Google was here before and i think they will be here after.

Do you want an invite?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top