Android help

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
I have an HTC Hero with Sprint service. I use task killer to kill open apps and help with memory. However, certain applications seem to open on their own after I have closed them,, such as clock, Sprint navigator, Amazon mp3, winamp and others. Sometimes this happens after I play a free game like hearts or spades dloaded from android market, other times just out of the blue. What can I do to stop this drain on my memory and battery?
 
I used to use task killer alot becuase i was concerned about background programs using battery, memory, ect... but, honestly I have tested using TK and not and there really isnt a noticable difference between the 2. The android OS is actually pretty good at managing multiple processes. I also saw that using TK frequently actually cause many programs to FC (because TK would kill processes used by multiple apps).

To answer your question though, I would look at each individual app's setting so see if there is any options that would allow the program to run in the background. If you play with the settings some, you should make it to where the program 1.) doesnt launch on phone start up and 2.) will stay closed when you close the app.

Hope this helps some.
 
My phone seems to get laggy when alot of apps are open. In any event, any special place to look for the setting? Is there something like msconfig or startup settings? Or am I looking in each app?
 
My phone seems to get laggy when alot of apps are open. In any event, any special place to look for the setting? Is there something like msconfig or startup settings? Or am I looking in each app?

if you want to conserve battery life, get juice defender. put it on agressive mode. this will almost double your battery life. task killer is something you have to religously use as apps come back.

also, put display brightness all the way down and turn off animations.

and if you REALLY want good battery life, say... 3 days? :) root your phone and install a rom and kernel. :)

www.xda-developers.com
 
if you want to conserve battery life, get juice defender. put it on agressive mode. this will almost double your battery life. task killer is something you have to religously use as apps come back.

also, put display brightness all the way down and turn off animations.

and if you REALLY want good battery life, say... 3 days? :) root your phone and install a rom and kernel. :)

www.xda-developers.com

Testing out this Juice Defender you speak of :D
 
I phone out using Advanced Task Killer & Juice Defender worked like a charm for me personally and definitely extended my battery life.

In search of more power, I ended up rooting my phone and loading up a nice custom rom. I noticed that it was much cleaner and helped out in saving battery life as well since it doesnt' have all the stock stuff.
 
I phone out using Advanced Task Killer & Juice Defender worked like a charm for me personally and definitely extended my battery life.

In search of more power, I ended up rooting my phone and loading up a nice custom rom. I noticed that it was much cleaner and helped out in saving battery life as well since it doesnt' have all the stock stuff.

Yeah I'm running syndicate rom frozen 1.2 with the genocide 1.1 kernel. Overclocked to 1.4 and the simply blue theme. And used root explorer to delete all the bloat wear.

My phone goes 3 days on one battery. Amf I'm a power user. View my android youtube chanel.

Http://www.youtube.com/nsmetroid
 
I need to do that with my phone >_>
Though, so far, Juice Defender has blocked me from getting multi-media texts >_<
 
Celtic, if you root your phone and use different roms, be sure to try out different kernels. The kernel also plays a big role in how much life lasts for you.
 
Back
Top