computer won't load?

stewie574

EGO Zealot
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
1,755
so, I came home and my brother messed with my profile, taking a picture of my desktop and hiding the real icons. so I went on the Internet via start menu, thinking he and his friend wrote a program, and I wanted to get rid of the program. every forum I found said to open re task manager and delete the process explorer.exe.

however, that didn't work so I restarted the computer. now my computer won't load up. any thoughts or suggestions?
 
1) beat up your brother
2) if your pc wont boot(which Ive had issues with in the past).... turn on the pc, let it get to where it goes, then do a hard shutdown, push the power button till it turns off... doing this several times will cause Windows to go to either a boot menu.. or will go to a disk check.
3) disk check -- let it run fully.. it will repair the windows application if that is the issue.
4) boot menu... last known good configuration.

post back results
 
1. Can't beat up brother because he is at movies, and he is stronger than me

2. Booted computer, had the boot menu, booted to last know configuration.

3. All that happened was a little status bar showed up with a green bar running through it.

So, nothing worked.
 
OK, I got on my account, called my brother, and everything appears to be working. The only issue I ran into was waiting for windows to load, but it seems to be running properly.
 
Back
Top