Sound Card vanished?

Cyclone

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
3,769
Hey guys, I'm running a Windows Vista 32-bit, and I recently(as of July 19th, 2:30 PM EST) got an ATI Radeon 5570. It works just fine, but during installation, I clicke d on "ATI Sound Drivers". Once computer restarted, my previous speakers, my built in ones(Realtek HD Audio) dissapeared on my "Playback Devices". This is for my Built-in speakers. I'm having issue's with THAT. Sorry if the title is misleading. I went to realtek.com/downloads and downloaded the proper download: Vista 32bit. Once it was restarted, It didn't work. I tried ATI HDMI Output(Which is actually the name of the ONLY Playback device I have apparently) and I followed installation. Nothing worked. I went to the actual program that came with the Graphics card which was in the Disc. I pressed Manage, and I Checked off the "Sound Drivers". Rebooted, nothing worked. I tried rolling back the ATI device. Nothing. I need help! :)


PROBLEM SOLVED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

All I did was go into my BIOS, and set Audio Settings from "Auto" to "Enable". DONE!
 
Last edited:
Does your soundcard still show up in the device manager? Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager... Those directions may not be exact depending on your setup, but if you do a search for "device manager" in your control panel, you should find it. When you scroll down to sound and right-click the sound device and choose properties, what does it say the status is?
 
Sorry rEd. I am not doing System Restore. Citan, I'm not following...

When I click on Playback Devices, all it shows is a icon of a TV and "HDMI OUTPUT" and under it, it says DISABLED. I tired enabling it, nothing worked. BUT, this is for my Built-in speakers. I'm having issue's with THAT. Sorry if the title is misleading. My headphones work just perfect though...
 
FIXPLEASE.jpg
 
Go to the Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Right click High Definition Audio Device -> Enable.

Also, you can always try going to the MB's website and downloading the Realtek HD audio drivers or Realtek's website and see if that does it.

See if that does the trick.
 
Attached is what the device manager looks like. All the hardware on your machine should be present on this list. Quite often, you can uninstall it from here, and the next time the system reboots the device will reinstall itself.
 
I see. I spoke to Night Lantern about this. I went to that area. I pressed Sound, video game controllers. YESH! I found it. "High Definition Audio". I right clicked it, and there was no Enable option. Only Disable. >:(
 
Anything that involves cleaning/sweeping/any other thing related to deleted MANY things, Sorry. I just SIMPLY CAN'T DO. Thanks for advice though. Oh and Celtic, I tried re-installing the drivers. Didn't work.
 
Then I'm going to assume that this isn't your own computer. That you have to share this computer, so if you screw something up, bad things will happen. Correct?
 
In reality it sounds like what you should probably do, is look at the problem. Problem is: ATI Sound Drivers are conflicting with your Realtek HD Drivers. It's like trying to fit two people through one door. Uninstall your ATI Sound Drivers, restart your PC. See if that works.
 
Sorry for Double-Post, but my computer just won't recognize it. It's there, for sure though!
 
Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. Other than things you won't do. But I'm guessing you're just trying to figure it out before someone else gets on?
 
what it sounds like you've done is install ATI's HD audio drivers over the top of your integrated card drivers. Basically you have rendered your native audio drivers unusable. You said you tried rolling back your driver. This probably only rolled back your display driver, and left the ATI audio drivers alone or replaced the ATI audio drivers with a previous version of the ATI audio drivers.

You might try a system restore, but I would recommend the following first:

To correct this you will most likely have to completely uninstall any and all drivers related to ATI, including ATI display drivers, ATI audio drivers, ATI transcoding drivers, ATI CCC, and anything else with ATI on it. You should be able to do this via control panel or the ATI uninstall tool which should come installed with your display drivers that you already have.

After all ATI drivers are off your computer, make sure to restart it if you have not already. Once you have restarted your computer and you have verified via control panel that all ATI branded installations are uninstalled, reinstall the ATI display drivers and CCC only. Skip the audio drivers of course, and anything else that is not needed, such as Windows 7 drag and drop transcoding.

Restart again after the display drivers are good to go. Then install your realtek drivers, restarting once more after completion. This should work, unless there is some other third-party installation interfering with your audio drivers.

Good luck,
Blue
 
Okay. I will do that. Idk what CCC is, theres a thing called HyrdraVision. Idk what the heck that is, ATI Display Drivers, and something else, I forget. It's(as of right now) Uninstalled. Rebooting. Step 1, is complete.

Okay, I uninstalled EVERYTHING in my computer with ATI. I opened up the program(It was from the disk, and it downloaded onto my computer) and pressed CUSTOM. I checked off ATI Display Driver ONLY. And the other mandatory things I couldn't really pick or not pick.

EDIT 2: Alright, with ATI Re-installed on my computer, I checked for my HD Audio Device(That's it!) and I clicked "Update Drivers" and it was already up to date.... Any tips? I uninstalled the ATI Realtek HDMI Output and gave that a restart. What now? >:l
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top